• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Radio help.

robygon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191543167376?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm looking for a good radio, but cannot spend a lot of money right now. My daughter is getting married and all of you who have been in the situation understand that. I saw this on fleebay and need your honest opinion. It is good for the price? Good range? Wasting time and money?

Should I keep my eyes open for something better?

Thank you.

designed2survive

Most people when they go with flysky radios entry level go with the FS-GT3 B. I have the GT3B and have had no issue so far. Yet again I can't say that I trust it completely.

Thay being said everyone will recommend a futaba radio for the outmost reliability. The 3PL is $114.99 at DDM

robygon

Thanks on the Futaba 3pl.

I looked up the fly sky gt3b but, I saw the gt3c was rechargeable and lightweight.

Now, how good is the futaba 3pl range?

Ice_2k

How many channel does the 3PL actually have, 3 or 4? Some sites list it as 3 channels, others as 4, others as 3 proportional and one on/off. If so, can the kill switch be installed on channel 4? I have some more things coming on the car and I'm gonna need the 3rd proportional channel for something else.

RampageHopUps

Features

3 proportional channels plus 1 switched, non-proportional channel.

I think you can use the 4th channel as a switch, which will work with the kill switch. I will have to dig out my 3PL and see if it works like that.

robygon

RampageHopUps said:
I recommend the Ramtech with Futaba radios. But I'm biased towards my Kill Switches.
Went to the store to pick one up, but is out of stock.

when the new ones arrive?

Quick question: where is the best place to buy the futaba 3pl?

robygon

End up buying the futaba at amain.com and casually had a 10% coupon and end up paying $94.50. A great deal. Couldn't find the kill switch, out of stock.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts