• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Racing set-up/Bashing set-up.

IMADMAN

Would like to hear from you folks how you run your set-up for racing or bashing.

Powerplant, shock oils and setting,diff set-up, caster/camber, toe in/out. Wheel/tire combo.

Like most folks on a limited budget and would like to get a general starting point without spending money on unnecessary items. Right now I have a stock MT-(Thanks Skater229)! But would like to change it, into a racing truggy so at the very least i'm trying to get the HPI baja tire set-up or equivalent.

cable97526

Here's what I have done and so far it will servive and land most jumps near the 20ft range.

Upgrade kit (duh!)

heavier shock oil, and turn down front preload 1/2 inch

move shock mounting positions front and back to inner most hole

install 6,000 rpm clutch spring (8,000 tends to break things:eek:)

stock toe in rear, front toe out 3 degrees

rear camber -1 degree, front camber -3 degrees

Heavier rear diff oil 20k losi, fairly light front 4k losi (these things don't turn so some slider actions is required in tight tracks.

and last but not least it has to have fuel tubing in the drive cups to keep the shafts centered.

There's my setup in a nut shell, I will be posting video soon of it running and clearing a 5' X 13' tabletop.

cable97526

Sorry about that it's still Monday morning:rolleyes: I run 50Wt rear and 70Wt front oil. It seemed a little heavy at first but after running for a while it's nice to have the extra dampening for the extra weight of the truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts