• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Race Brace

Sprint 77

Contributor
I am seeing way more flex than I would like to when you load and unload the suspension on the truck. This is where they cut away the truck frame to clear the side gear cover without removing the motor. Lift your truck at front and back and watch your throttle servo linkage area and you will see my point.

So here is my new stiffening brace my real 4130 cage and side nerf bar adds even more bracing to this area over stock.

Bryan 70546

Yea I noticed this to but on mine the cut out was not done , I guess its a older version .I did however notice that my wire bracket for my mielke pipe broke for no reason on a trail run in the backyard I can only think its do to some chassis flex so now i have to come up with another way to secure the pipe to the buggy.

Bryan

Sprint 77

Contributor
I will put some thought into your mount also I had it on my truck and I still got pics so If I come up with a good way I will PM you you need a hand you do the same to me.

Bryan 70546

Sprint 77 said:
I will put some thought into your mount also I had it on my truck and I still got pics so If I come up with a good way I will PM you you need a hand you do the same to me.
You got it brother , I allready have the hole drilled with bolt and nut holding it to the side of the buggy frame i might just need a stronger wire , That one is old and used .I go offshore tonight I will have to weeks to think about it. Will be in your state in a few hours Robert.

Bryan

Bryan 70546

Sprint 77 said:
Wrap a loop in your wire strap might help maybe a 14" drive extension be a perfect wrap around tool. This will give your wire little spring flex to it.
Have to find some more wire first maybe a coat hanger will do

Bryan 70546

Sprint 77 said:
You get a weekend off you let me know we got a couple round here with fifth scales got a few places to run that are fun.
I will have 2 weeks off when I get back how far are you from lake charles

Bryan 70546

Sprint 77 said:
I think about 4.5 to 5 hrs not sure been there but was by Small plane. I think you aroun 250 miles
holy crap . :eek: man I wish you were closer i have nobody to run with at all. I think thats why my 1/5s last me so long they just sit and get ran in the back yard. :(

pipeous

Chassis flex isn't always bad. Look at some of the better 8th scale buggies. My RC8 I could bend and twist in my hands but the flex made it much better for running in the rough. Xray drivers take the metal chassis braces off and put the rtr plastic braces for rough tracks to give more flex. On road is different but off road sometimes you want flex.

Sprint 77

Contributor
pipeous said:
Chassis flex isn't always bad. Look at some of the better 8th scale buggies. My RC8 I could bend and twist in my hands but the flex made it much better for running in the rough. Xray drivers take the metal chassis braces off and put the rtr plastic braces for rough tracks to give more flex. On road is different but off road sometimes you want flex.
Maybe flex is good for handling but it is hell on frame metal fatigue and driveline bind. So I will tune mine at the shocks and control arm locations.

These large scale engines are not even comparable in the harmonic vibration range of a 1/8 scale nitro, these are way off the charts.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Thanks Clubin I am working on another version also in .250 dia 4130 chrmoly. I am waiting on my Servo mount I desigened to get back from the machine shop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts