• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

quiet quiet quiet quiet!! need the quietest exhaust you can possibly get!!!

redcat19891

i just recently bought a redcat rampage mt that i run at a local grass field that used to be soccer fields that is now just open grass that nobody uses.. i have a traxxas tmaxx all stock that i never had any problems with.. but yesterday i got told to leave by the police for complaints from the near by neighborhood. they said if i can make it quieter i can run here.. i have all stock everything i need to know if there is any exhaust that is quieter than stock can!! even if i must sacrifice a little power i will take that chance...

Heavy Chevy

Cops said to leave? They sure wouldn't tell the lawnmowers and hedge trimmers and whipper-snipers to leave!

Sheesh!! ;)

mark '87 930

lol, yup, they work. i was at a somewhat open field near near my place (I live pretty much downtown) and had it running for over an hour. Cops came by as they were curious as to what I was doing. technically, I wasn't allowed there as it's a motorized vehicle, but the cop's said it's fine seeing as it's so quiet. They had a chuckle at the beer cans though.

redcat19891

yup pretty sure local police love me! i got a little verbal with them, nothing bad considering they would prolly taze me or something... cops say to leave and i ask why they will say im resisting arrest and give me the death sentence... overdramatic bastards... so i may have exaddurated a little but still they make everything a big deal! and to heavy chevy toooshay my firend! next time my neighbors mow their lawn im calling them in!! so do those silencers really work? any personal experience with htem? i need to at least get it as quiet as my factory tmaxx because nobody complains about that..thanks for all the help! good day kind sirrs

krashkrieg

Contributor
Actually I have read somewhere the way the laws read most of the time is that it has to be a 'manned' motorized vehicle to fall under the "No Motorized vehicles allowed" Posted area / Park / Public land....

and as long as you are not on private land or ripping up grass every where on a schools football field, they cannot force you to leave.

redcat19891

man i wish you were with me few days ago!! they said i had to leave because of local noise ordinance..im sure they would find their way through loopholes to get me to leave but still thanks for the help! and i only was puttin around slower than hell that day

firefighter9780

same as what i was told it not a motorized vehicle because no way to ride on it. i was down at the local bmx track which states no motorized anything and had the owner/manager of it say something and he threatened to call the cops and i looked up stuff on my phone and he ended up being cool with it in the end. but there are no houses around or anything as for the sound i use a homemade silencer as well old wd40 with some packing in it works great

pipeous

I run mostly jet pro pipes and always run the added silencers. they make a big difference. I hate loud. we run our on road track in a lot beside a motel and have never gotten a complaint. we used to get complaints in other locations with guys running dominators and now we hassle anyone that brings one out. they just cause us grief. we had cops called on us once in an industrial parking lot (we didn't know there was a residential complex the other side of the trees).

countrygnome

I live next door to a older folks trailer/retirement park and they whine when i ran my nitros. So i sold those and was running all electrics. been 2 yrs now and they still whine. Cops don't bother me but they do. Im up in the mtns. So far I havent got a complaint over my truck but it needs a pipe as it has a huge dent and small hole in it. Can anyone suggest a better then stock pipe tuned or not. Just a wee bit quietier

Gee

Contributor
Meilke Side Mount is a good pipe for keeping the peace and it gives you some added performance. I got it when I first got my 5b to keep the peace in the neighborhood. I through peace out the window though when I got the CPI pipe for the MT. Big difference in noise between the two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts