• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Questions for owners

fastlane

Team Driver
I think that would be a sweet little street rod to drift and cut up in parking lots. It's cheap too. I figure about $1000 and she'd be up and running. Just have to figure out a pipe choice. If the dom fast pipe fits like a cpi that 'd be a good looker.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

I hope the body quality is better than my friend here got. he ordered one and had to complain. the wrinkles and bubbles were terrible... the second one he has to cut out the side windows as it looks like plastic food wrap was stretched over. we were considering what to put in the windows and decided cutting them out would be best

Sprint 77

Contributor
pipeous said:
I hope the body quality is better than my friend here got. he ordered one and had to complain. the wrinkles and bubbles were terrible... the second one he has to cut out the side windows as it looks like plastic food wrap was stretched over. we were considering what to put in the windows and decided cutting them out would be best
I feel your concern, but please do realize that Jake that makes the bodies for the street rod look is a young kid entrepenuer. He is like still in high school. So he is still learning how to vaccum form Lexan. He has built a small company up in a short time and I feel his parts will only improve. I

I understand you want a good part and don't like to buy flawed parts. Get a email from DDM or HPI Baja Forum on Jake and let him know about the flaws please.

We as (people in the hobby) need to encourage and work with new people wanting to market there ideas and products , not post to otheres and complain not to buy them. That is how we get more and more products available to us.

I apluaud Jake and what he is trying to do at such a young age. I am sure he will get back to you on the flawed windows if you ask him.

pipeous

I agree, it is a cool idea but I also think it fair to pass this on. I could provide a link to our local forum. It almost looked like a heat gun was used. We played around making molds and bodies a bit (I have 3 or 4 micro body molds floating around right now). big bodies are tougher to form for sure. Building a table and having the heat source and suction power, droop of the plastic takes practice. I hope he does mastier this, and I'd honestly have to check to be sure it was the same person that made it tbh. that's why I said I hope it was a better quality than the one my friend got.

it's all good. just an opinion. we all have them. on the same token of wanting to help these guys, we also want to inform our fellow hobbyist' so they can make an informed decision. even by me posting and you replying here, I have learned something about this young fellow. It's also why I like not being sponsored by anyone for anything. I can say what I feel about anything.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I am not soley endorsing him either. I am just seeing a lot of power of what people read on the forums , and hate to see the newcombers get off to a bad start when the RC market for us North American continent workers is already a hard market to compete with with the China labor at so low .

Noting the fact that they still need a little improvement is understanable though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts