• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question on Vent Fuel Tank

mvaughn12

Does anyone have and mods or directions and or pics on venting the tank of the chimera? I really hate the way this tank is not properly vented. I was auctaully getting a pressure build up where gas seemed to be coming our of the fuel filter.

G

This is my XB. It would also work for the Chimera.

mvaughn12

RCDAD said:
This is my XB. It would also work for the Chimera.
so with the hose pointed thru the frame does it also push back some gas thru it onto the ground? and how did you mount the brass fitting?

G

mvaughn12 said:
so with the hose pointed thru the frame does it also push back some gas thru it onto the ground? and how did you mount the brass fitting?
I drill a third hole in the grommet while it's mounted to the tank. If you go slow and back the bit out several times and clean it, you can prevent debris from falling into the tank. Then you just push the trimmed brass fitting into the grommet. Make sure the fitting us short enough so it doesn't touch the fuel when the tank is full. I just used a barb fitting to fix the other end of the line to the chassis side guard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts