• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Projekt Swiss Cheese (light weight xb-e)

xbeNewb

I'm thinking back to project power to weight TT and wondering what I can do to shed a little weight from my XBE

Drill is coming out to "Swiss Cheese" a few parts

Anyone know a good source for carbon fibre sheet in the US or Canada? I found some in the UK

Anyone out there have the skill/equipment to mill the chassis a little like the 1/8 buggy chassis? 7075rc?

Obeast44

Banned
Personally, I wouldn't do it because A: Im lazy :D B: What little weight you will shave will probably not be noticeable. C: If you shave too much, you risk weakening the car. Extra chassis arent cheap

Ol' fart

Maybe

You could save some weight but not enough to justify the cost. Light tires that hook up to your track are the key. There are some 1/8th scale tires I'd like to put on but.... no way to mount them yet...

bigfol

7075 RC Parts wanted down under....

Ol said:
You could save some weight but not enough to justify the cost. Light tires that hook up to your track are the key. There are some 1/8th scale tires I'd like to put on but.... no way to mount them yet...
Hey Ol'fart I have tried to buy parts from your site for my Xbe but you have not got SYDNEY,AUSTRALIA listed in your post too countries.....? These xbe's are getting very popular down here and your missing out on a huge market,after all us Aussies have cash to burn, unemployment rate down here is less than 4%.

So how about helping us out, after all we do have a free trade agreenment with the U.S. Thanks in advance Jon. ;)

GTS 666

I'm keen to buy a XB but have been holding off until I know that I can get parts in Australia. I am happy to get stuff from the states but if I have something small fail I would like to get it within a couple of days.

Obeast44

Banned
If you guys need someone here in the states to be an intermediary shipper let me know. I don't mind helping out you guys, I've done it for a few fellow forum members from South America and Africa. All I ask is you cover the shipping costs.

xbeNewb

Ol said:
You read my mind! I was checking 1/8 buggy and truck wheel diameters etc. a couple of weeks back and thought about asking you to work on an adapter. Looks like 1/8 buggy wheels are only about 1/2" shorter in diameter and we'd have a HUGE selection of wheels/tires and they'd be cheap!

Ol' fart

xbeNewb said:
You read my mind! I was checking 1/8 buggy and truck wheel diameters etc. a couple of weeks back and thought about asking you to work on an adapter. Looks like 1/8 buggy wheels are only about 1/2" shorter in diameter and we'd have a HUGE selection of wheels/tires and they'd be cheap!
Do all the 1/8th wheels use the hex drive system ??

Ol' fart

GTS 666 said:
Thanks guys I'll let you know when I'm ready for a XB. This is why I'm always happy to have a look on here great support cheers.
OK Mate, Australia is on the list of countries we ship to. Try it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

XBENOOB

bigfol said:
Hey Ol'fart I have tried to buy parts from your site for my Xbe but you have not got SYDNEY,AUSTRALIA listed in your post too countries.....? These xbe's are getting very popular down here and your missing out on a huge market,after all us Aussies have cash to burn, unemployment rate down here is less than 4%.So how about helping us out, after all we do have a free trade agreenment with the U.S. Thanks in advance Jon. ;)
He doesn't ship to Canada either... And we are just a little bit north of them....lol

We have some people up here in Canada that want to place an order too...

Then again... RampageHopUps (Rob) doesn't ship to Canada either...

Tried to place an order at RampageHopUps and at 7075rc... Won't take a Canadian address.. :(

ImminentFailure

I know rob usually put stuff up on ebay for the international buyers. At least that's how i saw it for the XT to Baja wheel adapters. Maybe 7075 does similar or something else to help ya out.

XBENOOB

ImminentFailure said:
I know rob usually put stuff up on ebay for the international buyers. At least that's how i saw it for the XT to Baja wheel adapters. Maybe 7075 does similar or something else to help ya out.
Rob did do that and I did buy the adapters from him on ebay... But I wanted to buy some more parts for the XB-E that he has in stock and nobody else has.. $187.93 order...

7075rc Now ships to Canada... Placed my order... Thanks Ol'Fart... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.