• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

prep, pre-run,post-run in the winter!!

GoffeeRedCat

mkl101 said:
Got an MT was running it in the cold the other day. Steering started to die out. Thought my battery was somewhat charged. Assuming it was dead now. Going to try again with fresh battery, but will the cold effect how fast the battery drains or make it die out of it gets to cold. It's around 30° here. Thanks
Well most likely its your servos! And I hope your running with a killer rc kill switch!!

GoffeeRedCat

Ryneito said:
Had my XB out the other day in 20 degree weather. Fired right up and ran like a raped ape. XB was eating fat!! and loved it...Deff had gloves on. You only do it once without lol..
You gotta richen up a bit!! It's like the nitrous oxide effect during cold weather, the cold air is a lot more dense there for a leaner air/fuel mixture

Ryneito

Oh i know. Ive done alot of racing in this state. Thats why i was saying eating fat. Had my high and low needles out about 1 full turn more then normal and it was taking it no prob. Went to start it today and it was super rich lol..Gotta love Colorado weather. 10 degrees this morning, 50's this afternoon back down to the 20's tonight.

GoffeeRedCat

Ryneito said:
Oh i know. Ive done alot of racing in this state. Thats why i was saying eating fat. Had my high and low needles out about 1 full turn more then normal and it was taking it no prob. Went to start it today and it was super rich lol..Gotta love Colorado weather. 10 degrees this morning, 50's this afternoon back down to the 20's tonight.
Man I'm jealous!! 50 in the afternoon!!?? Do you guys have snow?? Because here in Chicago it's cold all day and an inch of snow can't even snowboard!! Lol

fattyp64

I'm in buffalo NY, I don't take my rc's out in the wet/snow because all the little things that you can't see, or don't look at start to rust. Winter time is for building.

krashkrieg

Contributor
fattyp64 said:
I'm in buffalo NY, I don't take my rc's out in the wet/snow because all the little things that you can't see, or don't look at start to rust. Winter time is for building.
That's no fun...If you own an air compressor, just be diligent about blowing every part of it out and then spray a little WD40 in the gears and joints and your good to go!

mkl101

GoffeeRedCat said:
Well most likely its your servos! And I hope your running with a killer rc kill switch!!
Yes I'm running with a battle switch on both my rampages. After reading so much about kill switches on here don't wan a runaway :eek: . Charged the battery up on the MT and it ran great the other day until i broke a servo steering horn. Going to check the servo savers now thanks to what I've read on the forum they might be too tight? But the XB is on the work bench ATM its starting then idles out of control no matter what i do with the carb? Going to check for air leaks and try spraying with WD40. Also had to steal the servo horn to keep the MT going:D. Those aluminum servo horns were hard to track down on the net. Hope everyone has good xmas. I'm going to try not to break the MT again.... :cool:

mkl101

Well just got done with a short lived run. Broke a front dog bone and an axle due what looks like the holding bolt for the dog bone came lose. The aftermath was the axle breaking.

You guys weren't joking when you said lock tight everything on these cars... The wife is getting upset with all the broken stuff... As am I seeing as how something has broke every run so far... Oh well lesson learned lock tight everything that might move... Wondering which dogbone is the right size.. and is it a cvd or can i use a normal dog bone and axle?

MNRampage

RCDAD said:
Just wondering...Do you guys tough it out and drive bare handed, or do you make an attempt of handling the transmitter with gloves on? :)
Mechanix gloves work

MNRampage

fattyp64 said:
The same here in northern mn. I use the winter months for maintainence and hop ups.

REVOlutionary Rampage

I'd say it's about 50/50 for me. I've been itching to try the old MT in the fairly deep snow we have up here in Maine now. Even though with the weather we have been having lately it has packed down pretty hard. I have been cleaning my trucks up, waterproofing, and working on my trucks here and there though especially the MT. I use gloves from Kinco, a Carhartt hat and my snowmobile jacket outside when it gets rather nippy. I could almost sleep in a snowbank. :D

rampagemt

Re: prep, pre-run,post-run in the winter!!

MNRampage said:
The same here in northern mn. I use the winter months for maintainence and hop ups.
+1 that's what I have been doing since I got in this hobby. Living in Wisconsin sucks lol

Fearless

Winter

Always do my projects in the winter, well projects are done so decided it was time to start to break stuff... :D

[ame]

[/ame]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online