• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Potential New Products?

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
Can't see it but I believe you. You must have very stiff front suspension to do that. Is it bending the same on both sides?
Just checked with the ruler. Yes, both not straight.

And yes they are stiff, the reason is that I beleive MT shocks are taller than standard X series and stiffer, so the nose is standing high from the ground this is where the droop screws come in.

It's not that critical tho, but if you can make one beefier, id take it. I hate to put extra money at the moment, but it's the hobby. LMK so I can email you.

Also, 1 more thing, I'm gona put the below front bumper on the XB's nose, I don't know the thickness of this, im gona have to drill your front insert and carefully bolt it. Finally that 1" extra space on your inserts will come in handy.

Silent_chaos

1) on another hand, I think it would be a really nice V2 upgrade of the Redcat rear Bearing holders if you can incorporate a similar design of that of the Baja.

if you follow this link, http://www.davesmotors.com/hpi-104781-rear-hub-carrier.html

you can see that the Rear Hub carrier is adjustable and has different degrees of Toe inserts that you can choose from (0, 1, 2, 3 and 4) this will make your rear wheels have a certain degree inwards.

If I'm not mistaken, your current design relies on the Offset/Center position of the bushing of Suspension Arm Mount. In my humble opinion, keeping the bushing as Always in the Center(hence the lower arms straight) and only adjusting the degrees on the Hub carrier would be more efficient.

you can see here: http://www.davesmotors.com/hostile-adjustable-rear-hub-for-hpi-baja-5b-5t-5sc.html

how the toe inserts are just slid inside. Imo, it's a great idea and doesn't need that much of Re-engineering of your current design, just modifying the hole of your current design to be elliptical to fit toe inserts.

2) another amazing upgrade would be the steel Hinge Pins that are found on the lower suspension arms ( the ones that go inside the Bushings of the suspension arms and the bearing carriers)

if you notice, the surface of these pins are not the best.

The surface finish of these hinges affects suspension travel, so the smoother the better.

I suggest Stainless Steel Hinge pins. or even better, heat treated steel with chrome coating for maximum lubricity.

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Potential New ProductsSilent;Actually the HPI 5B rear hub and bearing holder is a bolt on to an MT lower suspension arm. Would need to modify the upper link for proper length. Attached is a pic of the 5B hub installed and one of the HPI toe in parts. Also Here is a link to a post I made some time back about this. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=12473timberbill

IMG_1975.JPG

hpi104781.jpg

IMG_1975.JPG

hpi104781.jpg

/monthly_2014_09/IMG_1975.JPG.f2121fc681e557b19981cc1a2e8e7613.JPG

/monthly_2014_09/hpi104781.jpg.2d154255d93c2f1a11811a93f18a8ad8.jpg

Silent_chaos

timberbill11 said:
Silent;Actually the HPI 5B rear hub and bearing holder is a bolt on to an MT lower suspension arm.

Would need to modify the upper link for proper length.

Attached is a pic of the 5B hub installed and one of the HPI toe in parts.

Also Here is a link to a post I made some time back about this.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=12473

timberbill
Wow. That's awesome. What about the xb? Do you happen to know of they fit?

I don't have an MT so i don't know if the MT lower suspension and rear upper arms are interchangeable with the XB.

I have the hostile adjustable installed on my 5b. But cannot remove it at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

Nevermind, just did some research on the lower suspension arms and hinges on the MT and XB. The MT has 6mm hinges all around the truck. The xb has 6mm as well, but on the outer side (hub side) they are 5mm.

On the other hand The hostile has 6mm screw hole.

So im gonna get the Kraken Rc baja hinges(they are 6mm and much tougher than redcat stock) and replace them all around.

But for the hostile to fit, i have to enlarge the 7075 lower suspenion arm's outer screw from 5mm to 6mm in dia to allow the 6mm outer hinges to fit and hence the hostile will fit.

Very doable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts