• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

post up your work shop!!

Clubin

Banned
So the big question is how did that big bon fire start?^^

That realy sucks to take pictures and be totaly helpless to do anything else.

That has to be the most in-efficient heating system I have ever seen.

All kidding aside, how was the insurance company to deal with?

Kaz the Minotaur

The pressure switch failed on my cheap-o air compressor. It ran all night and got hot...

Kerosene heaters may be in-efficient but I like them. I would only run it when I was in the shop.

Pics were taken by my wife while I was runnign around in circles in the front yard. The fire department took a video. They use it for debriefing and training.

Insurance company was great. Our bank was a real pain with the insurance check though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
Kaz, sorry man. what a sick feeling.

I don't think my insurance co would even believe me when I told them what was in my shop.

maybe it's a good thing we have this thread, so I took some pics.

like everything, when it breaks, replace it with something better. (rebuild)

man thats an intense fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

Yeah, it happened in March 07.

We had to make a list of all the garage contents for the insurance company. 4 pages of that was just in my RC room. Inssurance guy didn't question it at all. He also didn't question $800 for Star Trek books that I had collected for the past 20 years.

However he would not pay me $500 for my beater work truck that was parked in the garage. That was our only complaint with the insurance company.

kryptonite

man kaz. thats pretty disturbing to say the least. i don't know how i would handle something like that. my house meens almost everything to me. was it a seperate garage? or was it attached

Kaz the Minotaur

Detached garage.

It was real hard to go through but in the end it all worked out. We got brand new everything. Plus I got to go through the tool isle at Sears and fil up a shopping cart. I spent over $800 in 5 minutes. :)

Bryan 70546

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Detached garage.
It was real hard to go through but in the end it all worked out. We got brand new everything. Plus I got to go through the tool isle at Sears and fil up a shopping cart. I spent over $800 in 5 minutes. :)
Just glad to still have you around man .Glad nobody was hurt

prostock

Welcom to BRC Motorsports!

DSCF0635.JPG

DSCF0636.JPG

DSCF0637.JPG

/monthly_2009_03/DSCF0635.JPG.dd4cda6a4f9ebfe7b76103a338aacf00.JPG

/monthly_2009_03/DSCF0636.JPG.4c96f0fe8b7ff5b531403be2bb216e3d.JPG

/monthly_2009_03/DSCF0637.JPG.efcfa081256a6a98744d0eadb1735112.JPG

prostock

mooman007uk said:
that tt looks waaay too clean.
Wish I had a nice warm workspace...i'm not allowed in the house cos "it stinks of gas" or so I'm told
I have 2 windows and an exhaust fan setup so no smell.

BRC

kryptonite

prostock said:
I have 2 windows and an exhaust fan setup so no smell.
BRC
my hobby room is in a spare bedroom of the house. wifey thought it would stink, but im really carefull. i also have an exhoust fan, but hardly use it..

Sprint 77

Contributor
C.B. said:
where would people like me get avgas i don't have a plane so i don't know where to start?
Your local small airport . If you bring your own can and assure them it is for offroad use they will usually sell you few gallons no problem. Or just have your hobby room at the airport like myself and just walk right up to the pump.

kryptonite

Sprint 77 said:
Your local small airport . If you bring your own can and assure them it is for offroad use they will usually sell you few gallons no problem. Or just have your hobby room at the airport like myself and just walk right up to the pump.
ive heard of AVGAS but don't know what the efects are. is it higher octane?

mooman007uk

Banned
yeah you can get as high as 110octane. i think it's blue...can't remember. You can run higher compression without detonation with high octane fuel so you get more power, however running in a normal engine doesn't give any real benefits

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts