• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plastic or 7075rc Arms

ndoty

So i plan to upgrade basically everything on my Chimera to a 7075rc part except the A-arms. The only reason for this is my fear of the 7075rc arms getting bent and/or bending breaking another part. I would have the 7075rc diff cases and chassis but not sure how well things would hold up. I am a basher and am not afraid to hit some big jumps which sometimes results in some pretty gnarly cart wheels. The plastic ones would leave a breaking point and the plastic arms are cheap and stocked locally. BUT if all 7075rc makes the chimera semi run over proof then i could be swayed. I know 7075 alloy is extremely tough i just fear my cart wheels are tougher.

topblissgt

I thought the same thing. For looks you cant beat aluminum but for durability, I think plastic wins over. It has a little 'give' on hard hits and if it breaks, you replace it with more inexpensive plastic parts. A hard hit on an aluminum part bends it and renders it useless and then you buy more expensive alum parts

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
My xbe rebuild will be all 7075 rc parts as well. (Only half is now, rest is on way)

I'm also leaving off the arms for the same reason.

I bash hard too and want that flex somewhere...

Also, If you haven't yet, you should sleeve your drive and diff cups...

ndoty

topblissgt said:
I thought the same thing. For looks you cant beat aluminum but for durability, I think plastic wins over. It has a little 'give' on hard hits and if it breaks, you replace it will more inexpensive plastic parts. A hard hit on an aluminum part bends it and renders it useless and then you buy more expensive alum parts
Thanks, i too love the looks of the arms. But, at $70 and $80 replacements for the pair vs $15 for a pair makes it worth it to buy 10 pairs of arms (5 front and 5 rear). That could replace each arm 5 times for the same price as 1 aluminum.

krashkrieg said:
My xbe rebuild will be all 7075 rc parts as well. (Only half is now, rest is on way)I'm also leaving off the arms for the same reason.

I bash hard too and want that flex somewhere...

Also, If you haven't yet, you should sleeve your drive and diff cups...
Thanks. Yep when i bash it don't try to break things but it seems it always does.

As soon as Ol' Fart updates the site to show his in stock Gear Plates, I will be ordering C-hub sleeves, Rear shock tower(one that fits a Jet Pro), Body Mounts, Lay Shaft, and of course the Gear plate.

I see the C-hubs come in 4 packs. Do you guys do the whole car? 2 packs would do it. 2 for front diff, 2 for center, 2 for rear diff, 2 for rear hubs.

Ol' fart

C- hubs?? you mean cup sleeves, you'll need 12 to cover all the drive cups.

ndoty

Ol said:
C- hubs?? you mean cup sleeves, you'll need 12 to cover all the drive cups.
Yes the sleeves. Meant to type C-Hub Sleeves (how they are listed on your site). Also how do you get 12? There are only 10 on the entire vehicle and 2 of those are universal joints in the front. So 8 sleeves should do it.

Oh and update your site so i can give you some money.

Ol' fart

??

Well, you have four on the front end, four on the rear end and four in the drivetrain. The sleeves fit the CVA's. You'll want to check to make sure the drive pins are not too long for the sleeve's. Sometimes they rub a little and you have to grind some off.

Silent_chaos

7075 arms anyday.

My Plastic arms bent after 5th run.

The whole car used to wobble.

Once I installed the 7075 arms, the car became very steady and much more balanced. All the wobbling disappeared and the car became much more stable.

Ol' fart

I notice the differance too and I won't go back to plastic but, mine are free and you'all have to pay. I have not bent mine nor have I heard of anyone bending them but I have not had a really bad wreck. They are worth the price if they will not bend so I need a someone who is willing to beat the liveing shit out of there car with a set of arms on to see if they can be bent.

Anybody?

John Blaze

I already have bashed the crap out of my chimera with the 7075 arms and managed only to destroy about three of your suspension bushing seems all the force is transferred to them because those arms ain't bending

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
I notice the differance too and I won't go back to plastic but, mine are free and you'all have to pay. I have not bent mine nor have I heard of anyone bending them but I have not had a really bad wreck. They are worth the price if they will not bend so I need a someone who is willing to beat the liveing shit out of there car with a set of arms on to see if they can be bent.Anybody?
You know I will...once I get your package, they will be the only X series 7075 piece that's not on my Xbe....soo I'll try to bend them on some gnarly hills and jumps!

Ol' fart

John Blaze said:
I already have bashed the crap out of my chimera with the 7075 arms and managed only to destroy about three of your suspension bushing seems all the force is transferred to them because those arms ain't bending
And those are cheaper the a set of plastic arms

ndoty

Well if we can get some major running done with the 7075rc arms and not bend them, i would be game to purchase them. Not bashing 7075rc at all, it is just the nature of aluminum. I would love to trick my chimera out on 7075rc. But i need to stay price conscious as my rig is no shelf queen.

Ol' fart

ndoty said:
Well if we can get some major running done with the 7075rc arms and not bend them, i would be game to purchase them. Not bashing 7075rc at all, it is just the nature of aluminum. I would love to trick my chimera out on 7075rc. But i need to stay price conscious as my rig is no shelf queen.
I hear ya. When you crash something has to give. In another post a while back I suggested cutting a knotch in the arm that holds the plastic bushing. This would let the bushing to pop out on high impact and save the stress on the arm. I still have not tried it yet but I'm sure it would work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts