• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Photo Buggy

G

Awe bummer.

That means a few weeks down time.

Chief409

I just sent Killer RC an email asking if they had a prototype Power Starter to ship. Also that I'd be willing to do a review, with pictures and a YouTube video.

I HATE not being able to run!

Chief409

Just updated the GoPro with the latest firmware, and loaded the GoPro app to my 'Droid phone. Now I can turn the camera on and off, change all the modes and settings using my 'Droid phone using WiFi. Remote control of the GoPro, COOL!

Might be a "Old Desert Rat", but I've been involved with computers, electronics, and data links since, oh way back when. Haven't retired yet either. Still get a paycheck every other week. Working the cutting edge, with the smarts to fix the legacy equipment. Plus a company full size 4X4 and a gas card to get to the equipment sites. Life is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

I have a Killer RC Power Starter mounted now, so MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME! From pulling out my tool bag to putting it away the swap took less then 45 minutes. There's a couple of pictures posted in the Engine and Exhaust thread.

Tomorrow I plan to test EVERYTHING out!

Chief409

One of the best guy's I've ever flew with sent this to me. It's NAVY, but it gives you a clue of where I come from. Now what the crews could add off camera... I will say getting the "Gold Wings" of a Naval Aviator isn't easy. Pensacola will beat the hell out of you physically, the classroom knowledge and testing will cost you lots of late nights. But the stories you can tell after you get your "Gold Wings" is priceless, you just have to survive...

And NO ONE will believe you who hasn't "been there, done that!"

http://www.navy.mil/viewVideo.asp?id=17934

Chief409

Got the buggy running now, however, there's another storm blowing in (2 days in a row) with 30+ mph winds and a very low wind chill as I'm typing this, so it'll be a day or so before I head over to my bash place and try out the GoPro.

alfred e numan

donner summit east bound

wind were too-- 62 mph @ 1:30 pm. think we got it rough? go to - caltrans live traffic cams- look for east interstate 80-- Donner summit- hope the people heading back to Reno have a sleeping bag and a full load of gas-- the interstate has become a parking lot.

alfred e numan

yea, check out truckee scales east bound I 80-- truckers earn there $$-- every dime of it!!-- about donner summit folks-- in the late 18 hundreds a bunch of people headed to califorina attempted this pass too late in the fall-- stranded, the ones that froze to death became food for the ones that lived-- now- its a 4 lane slab of asphalt-- we have it easy compaired to our forefathers -mothers.

Chief409

Donner in the winter is never easy, I've been over it too many times to count, in all weather conditions. Except when they are calling for chain controls on 4X4 vehicles with snow treads. That means it's a blizzard and the plows are all over the hill so I don't need to be there. One more night in Reno! :) There is a good reason why railroaders call the snow up there "Sierra Cement!"

alfred e numan

sorta off topic i guess- In washington there is stevens pass- west bound freight came across the columbia basin - parked on siding waiting for east bound- east bound goes by- west bound had 12 canada big locomotives pulling- 4 on end pushing- as the trucks -wheels cooled- the cars brakes locked up- took 4 days to bust it loose- killed the engines in the process- i was snow bound myself- bout 2 weeks till we got a back hoe- tractor was useless- about 14 feet in 3 snows- then here comes the rain--- what a winter that was. it shoved the metal fence posts about 1 foot down- winter came before the ground froze up.

Chief409

Grew up and learned to drive in the mud and snow, just west of there, Granite Falls. Ran chokers, bucked and ran trucks for my Dad while in High School, never had a CDL or got caught! Nothing special, pretty common then. Easier to do in the '60's, didn't have 15 pounds of regulations and 500 people breathing down your neck, watching every move then (I guess drones need work too). You learned from your elders, I knew guys in their 70's who could run rings around a kid, they knew how to work smart and safe, I paid lots of attention to what they had to say.

alfred e numan

yup, the forest circus pretty much is doing a number on the woods on the east side of the cascades- the bark betteles -spotted owl- regulations- the smoke got so bad this summer up there that chickens would drop dead on there feet- other birds were falling out of the air dead before they hit the ground- a bird cannot cough it out, I saw it comeing years ago, moved to more open country. blm land has more elbow room anyways. about running circles around the fat boys- they did a nation wide poll, 83% of collage grads plan to move back home-- thats a pretty good litmus test of what may be in store for the masses.

Chief409

We live in open country also. Thought about moving to Placer County in the Sierra, been too many wildfires though, most caused by idiots. Pretty though.

Right now I'm waiting for the winds to calm down, but it looks like the entire week of holiday and vacation time will be like this. Bad enough to work in crappy weather, don't feel like playing in it.

Chief409

Had the buggy out today, but the camera battery was dead. Should be able to post tomorrow. Call today a "shakedown", now I know things will hold together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts