• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Photo Buggy

Chief409

Did something dangerous, and started thinking about my GoPro and the Dune Runner.

Think this would be a good Photo Buggy?

2012-12-01172943.jpg

bob c.

Now that's cool , I have been wanting to put a cam in the windshield of my xt but haven't been able to get it to stay steady enough ,keeps jumping all over the place..

Chief409

There's another cam which is that looks like a penlight I've seen mentioned. They are small enough to be mounted under the body looking thru the windshield of 1/10 short course trucks. If the GoPro doesn't work out I might try one of those mounted with plastic ties to the roll cage.

No running today, winds have picked up ahead of another storm moving in. When the wind is strong enough to push my dually around, I don't even try. No windbreaks here in the desert. Been this way all weekend. Now if we would just get some rain to settle the dust...

BertR

I think the camera is the contour. It looks real sweet .My cam looks like its on a paint shaker. Lol. Cant wait for some run videos Chief

Chief409

Me too! There's this really neat jump I want to see from the POV of the car.

Chief409

Just an update, sometimes work gets in the way.

I installed the GoPro display mount on the Dune Runner body today. Here's a couple of pictures.

First I removed the cardboard from the box display mount and attached Industrial Strength Velcro. I then dilled two holes for plastic ties, looped ties around the roll cage, and then ran plastic ties thru the holes. The idea being to keep the GoPro with the buggy in case the Velcro came loose from the body. However I discovered that by pulling the ties tight most of the body flex went away.

Another thing I discovered. You can tighten the GoPro mount as tight as you can get it using a #2 Phillips sitting static, but it isn't tight enough when you do drop tests from 4'. I did many drops, front end first, rear end first and had to tighten the mount after each one until the camera didn't flop around. I think I'll need to repeat this once I fire up the engine.

Next will be live runs this weekend. It's dark when I get home from work during the week.

A close up of the install.

This is IT!

Chief409

Sitting in the pit, I thought I put up pictures of my main rigs together.

They are nice.

Both rigs with shells on

One with the shell off the SCT

Both with the Pit Boss

Don't mess with the Pit Boss!

Chief409

Tomorrow I'll find out how the GoPro works out. Sitting around bored tonite, so I figured, why not. put up some pictures of both main rigs.

Funny thing, when I turned the SCT into a race rig from being a basher, that is when I decided I needed a BIG basher. Sage brush and tumbleweed are pretty tough!

Chief409

Sorry guys no video's till Killer RC gets that new starter out. My recoil starter took a dump. Won't engage. Too bad, it's a beautiful day to bash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts