• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Outerwears crankcase cover

fordgtr06

Hello I am trying to figure out which outerwears crankcase cover I need to get for my stock 32cc engine. I called ddm and talked to a gentlemen and he said that it was hard to say because these engines were "mut engines" and they were kind of a cross between engines. I know I have seen pictures with these covers on the redcat mt and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which part number you used on yours. I am wanting it in blue but if I can just figure out which one I need to order I can figure out the part number for blue. They list a zenoah cover and a regular cover for the hpi line. Thanks in advance for your help.

fordgtr06

Anyone have these on their motors?

G-Man

Anyone have these on their motors?
I have that crankcase cover on mine, but it is not the stock 32cc. I have the g320 zenoah. Look for a cover to fit a CY engine, it will fit your stock 32cc. That TR 163 above may work. The pull start cover will work for you as well as the fuel cap. Me personally I would leave the stock coil wire alone, I'd be worried about connection issues on the coil side.

fordgtr06

I have that crankcase cover on mine, but it is not the stock 32cc. I have the g320 zenoah. Look for a cover to fit a CY engine, it will fit your stock 32cc. That TR 163 above may work. The pull start cover will work for you as well as the fuel cap. Me personally I would leave the stock coil wire alone, I'd be worried about connection issues on the coil side.
Thanks G-MAN. Seems your the one helping me out the most. :) I have followed all of your advise and has not let me down yet. I will eventually go to an obr motor for my truck but I want to bash this one a little before I do. I just got the first gallon through it. I don't even get my nitro vehicles out anymore lol. I went ahead and put afterrun oil in everything I have and put them on the shelve. I made some modifications to the ridged stand and welded a magnet tray holder together. I think 1/5 scale is where I'll be from now on. Might get a baja before the end of the year. 20170318_000250.jpg

G-Man

Nice rig man!!! Looks like you are well on your way with it for sure. I agree run the crap out of the stock engine. Why not right!! What stand do you have under it? It looks like mine but yours has a shelf for tools and parts etc underneath.

G-Man

Nice rig man!!! Looks like you are well on your way with it for sure. I agree run the crap out of the stock engine. Why not right!! What stand do you have under it? It looks like mine but yours has a shelf for tools and parts etc underneath.
Edit!!! Read dummie lol. I just read what you did to the ridgid stand, which I have the same one and now have a great idea from you also!! Thanks

fordgtr06

It's the ridgid stand from Home Depot. I made the attachment that holds the magnet trays and I also cut the stand and welded a rod in it so that it swivels.

20170322_212845.jpg 20170322_213209.jpg 20170318_093433.jpg

Last edited:

fordgtr06

Edit!!! Read dummie lol. I just read what you did to the ridgid stand, which I have the same one and now have a great idea from you also!! Thanks
No problem lol I uploaded some closer images for you to look at as well.

G-Man

That is where it's at man!! I like the rubber you have on the top too. I find a bungee cord around the rig hooking on the platform works well too. Here is my rig when it is clean. I take the aluminum cage off and put the plastic on when I bash it though.

Attachments

• 20170119_205837.jpg
    20170119_205837.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 13

G-Man

I went belt drive last month after a gear broke. Then the first day running the belt I broke the cover-only me. But I had the cover modified. I don't think it will break again.

Attachments

• 20170310_175422.jpg
    20170310_175422.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 12

fordgtr06

I went belt drive last month after a gear broke. Then the first day running the belt I broke the cover-only me. But I had the cover modified. I don't think it will break again.
Nice truck!! Where did you order your belt drive from? I couldn't find a good one anywhere. And are you pleased with it?

G-Man

I got I off of ebay from Stern-CNC. It is the 1:1 v5 belt system. Here is a picture of it almost completed.

Attachments

• 20170218_004035.jpg
    20170218_004035.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 14

G-Man

I am still working out the kinks with the belt, basically trying to find the sweet spot of where I have the bearings adjusted good without too much end play. I think I had the pulleys on too tight at first, it was hard to roll pushing it on the ground. I left about a business card end play on all pulleys and it runs free now.

fordgtr06

I got I off of ebay from Stern-CNC. It is the 1:1 v5 belt system. Here is a picture of it almost completed.
You don't happen to have a link do you? I just looked and don't see one. Did you just happen to find one or did this seller have several?

G-Man

If you look at their ebay store from this link you can see all their gear ratio options. The 1:1 seems pretty good for the big MT tires.

fordgtr06

If you look at their ebay store from this link you can see all their gear ratio options. The 1:1 seems pretty good for the big MT tires.
They have 100% feedback so they must have good service. I'm glad you posted this because I can't even read anything on there ad so I wouldn't have ordered it. Does yours seem the same as it was before with the gears as far as speed torque etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts