• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ordered my new xt

my79cutty

Just got back from deployment and felt like i deserved it. Seen that there is a lot of good reviews about it and cant wait to see it. What are some of the parts that seem to give out first so that i can start to order them?

powerslave69

servo, failsafe and gas cap vent

my79cutty said:
Just got back from deployment and felt like i deserved it. Seen that there is a lot of good reviews about it and cant wait to see it. What are some of the parts that seem to give out first so that i can start to order them?
Glad you're getting an XT. I had mine for 2 weeks now and loving it. First few issues I had with mine, servos were twitching right out of the box, so I replaced them with hitech 5755 and truck comes with failsafe. Mine failed after 3 gas tanks. ordered a killer V a little pricey but worth it. last thing you want is a 35lb. runaway truck which could potentially break something or worse hurt someone. Trust me this truck is massive as you'll soon see. Lastly, my truck quit on me after just few runs. Good thing one guy in this forum talked about gas cap vent or I wouldn't know where to look to fix the problem. Turned out our XT and XB needed a gas cap vent just like a lot of the guys here in this forum. if you want to read more about it, here's one link:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5734&highlight=vent

he'll even show you where to get the parts you'll need.

here's a couple of pics of my friends new XT with installed gas cap vent minus the one way filter. Still waiting for it to come in. We talked him into installing one right now before the trouble begins. It was a weekend project for us. hope this helps. Ask anything and guys here are so willing to help. Best forum anywhere! Don't forget to say hi to Rob of http://www.rampagehopups.com/main.sc

he'll hook you up with anything you want. Enjoy. post some pics when you get your XT!

View attachment 3944

View attachment 3945

Last edited by a moderator:

my79cutty

no thank you for alot of the post that you put up made me want one of these ive got nitro and i got electric but these look like a blast.

powerslave69

you'll never return to nitro again

my79cutty said:
no thank you for alot of the post that you put up made me want one of these ive got nitro and i got electric but these look like a blast.
once you smell that sweet smell of 2-stroke oil and the sense of power a gas powered 5th scale will give you, you'll never return to nitro again. main difference is tune up. Nitro is so finicky. I remember every summer I would use my weed wacker and thinking wish someone would put all this power into an RC car or truck. it turned out they already did. My Weed eater been used and abused by me with no maintenance EVER. And every summer 2 yanks of the cord and it started right up. You'll have the same convenience with your truck. After my break-in run, just a minor adjustments to the high speed and low speed needle to get the maximum performance (but made it just a tiny bit on the rich side) and that's it. I sold all my electric and nitro cars and trucks on ebay and said bye bye to all of 'em for good. :D

cordy

Welcome to the site. Enjoy that xt when you get it,and yes thanks for your service.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Welcome!! and Thanks for the service!! I have had my XT for 5 or 6 weeks now its tough but like the guys said the servos are junk. But my steering servo is still holding on lol. Enjoy !!! they are a Blast :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts