• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Orange

fourwheeler

I am not a fan of the orange anno on the new gear plate. Has anyone tried the drano or oven cleaner trick to remove the orange?

kun114

Not a fan of the copper color ethier. I wonder why they went with that color for the hop-ups when there's blue ali stock parts.

I used the drano cyrtals on my Baja parts and it worked very well. I'll wait a while on doing these parts till I get all the hop-ups that I want, so I can do them all at the same time.

fourwheeler

Well then I guess I will try it, there is no way I am putting that gear plate on with that color on it.

Modified RC

fourwheeler said:
Well then I guess I will try it, there is no way I am putting that gear plate on with that color on it.
Same here, the plate has been sitting on the workbench but I just can't install it until it's de-anodized.

RampageHopUps

I would take a bunch down and get them re-anodized, but my guy won't do it unless he knows exactly who made it and what type of anodize it is.

fourwheeler

No worries man, I am going to strip it and polish it up.....just to go get it dirty. :D

fourwheeler

I did a couple pieces yesterday, it worked fine with the oven cleaner.

Rammer

I used , Greased Lighting ,on mine , worked GREAT !!!!!!!

Soaked part in in an coffee container,for about an hour.

Then scrubed with a tooth brush,dish soap and water .......

fourwheeler

I used an off brand but I also tried the fume free stuff. The fume free stuff doesn't work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts