• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Options for aftermarket air filter?

vpalace

Hey guys, what is everyone using for an air filter? My truck is stock and I'm not to found of the air filter. What are my options?

Thanks!

vpalace

I have a stock xt. I like the look of the mini k&n type filters, but I know they don't provide the best flow. I see the hpi set looks similar to the stock setup, what makes it better? And what advantages does the velocity stack provide?

I think for the time being im going to stay with the stock carb.

G

vpalace said:
I have a stock xt. I like the look of the mini k&n type filters, but I know they don't provide the best flow. I see the hpi set looks similar to the stock setup, what makes it better? And what advantages does the velocity stack provide?I think for the time being im going to stay with the stock carb.
Look cool but should only be used on road. They don't offer enough protection to be in the dirt.

vpalace

I hear ya. I was looking at the tgn setup and could only find it in a small 1" system. Is this the only one they offer? Any downside?

G

You want as much surface area as possible. Otherwise, it will clog up quickly.

Chief409

I use the DT1 with a tall velocity stack on my Dune Runner. Clears everything and nothing gets past it.

Ildy666

If u put a small spring about 3/4" round by about 4" inside the filter it will open it up so u got good air space cheap and easy....

vpalace

Where in the world would I find that?

Ildy666

Hardware store.or get a piece of wire and coil it a couple of times and cut to length.it keeps the filter from collapsing on its self.

Ebb75

whats the differences between the three shreadstacks that DDM has

1.) Inclined shreadstack

2.) Non angled shreadstack for reed case motors

3.) Angled open plenum shreadstack

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts