• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Only 1 pair of spider gears in diff.

ndoty

Do the Chimera's only have 1 set of spider gears in the diff? When replacing mystery grease with some 7k and 5k fluid each diff only had 2 spider gears, not 4. Also looking at the manual it looks like there should of been some washers underneath the cup gear over the o-rings. I had the o-rings but not the washers. Has anyone else experienced this or is this the way it is?

ika

My mt missed washers in diff too, but there was 4 spiders as should be. No any washers was installed- total 6 washers missed in diff. In Both rea/front diff was same. I sent pics to redcat and they sent washer/shim kit. It's not delivered yet. Because this ,I have not started yet, still brand new.

krashkrieg

Contributor
ndoty said:
Do the Chimera's only have 1 set of spider gears in the diff? When replacing mystery grease with some 7k and 5k fluid each diff only had 2 spider gears, not 4. Also looking at the manual it looks like there should of been some washers underneath the cup gear over the o-rings. I had the o-rings but not the washers. Has anyone else experienced this or is this the way it is?
THe X series only has 1 set in the diffs for some reason, but use the same as the MT, so you can just add the other two gears if you are running high power. As far as the washers go, originally we were told that the factory would only add the washers if they were needed when putting diff together, kinda odd, but IMHO they should be added for snug fitting gears....

FMcamaroZ28

Mine only had one set in there too - just had it open tonight.

And mine was pretty tight from the factory, lucky me.

What weight oil are you guys using in your diffs?

ndoty

Thanks for all the replies. That does cleat a few things up. Yes the washers were the only major concern. As said they help keep the o-rings in shape. The spider gears i figured i could ad later if it was suppose to come like that. Since the chimera is based on the X series it appears it was.

I run 7000 in the front and 5000 in the rear. Also 40 weight in the shocks all around. I use Team Associated fluids as Lucas Oils makes it for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts