• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

On-Road Body

TheNewbe

Contributor
Anybody know of a car stye body that will fit the XT? I am converting my xt for on street use, my MT does off-road so much better. Also looking at tire choices. Any help yall guys can give will be appreciated. Thanks.

ImminentFailure

I didn't know anything about a car body or street tires for 1/5 but I felt like answering your question. Knowing there's only the stock tires for the XT, and the only current adapters are for XT to HPI hex, i figured 'Baja street tires' was a good place to start.

HPI tarmacs are what you'll want. Google it.

This is a nice body for a hot rod: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6314/.f

It's for the 5T. Could visit your LHS and measure the 5T up to compare. Mostly anything aftermarket in 1/5 scale will be fore the HIP family, so get the dimensions and see if you were to get a body made for the 5T if it would fit width wise, and how much modification may be required. The body mounts seem to sit up pretty high on the xt, so that will have an effect.

You could always modify the stock body and turn it into a sweet slammed street truck / beach cruiser. That 5T with the hot rod body he used really short shocks to pull the A-arms up into an upward incline, reducing the body's ground cleared considerably. Could be a pretty cool XT customization.

TheNewbe

Contributor
Thanks for the feedback I didn't even think of a hot rod theme! I'll have to wait for next trip to austin, I don't have a LHS here:(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts