• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ok, So I got some questions....

Keith81

So I traded one of my 30cc fuelie's to RonE for a Leopard 5692 1340kv motor for my XBE... My questions are what ESC should i get? and what spur gear and pinion should I run to not only get some more power/speed, but to keep temps down ???

I am gonna order the whole package from 7075rc, and also the front/rear bearing holders and bearings...

Any and all advice, as usual is greatly appreciated!!!!

:cool:

DemonRC

I'm running the 1340kv on 6s with the stock ESC and 11/48 gearing (7075RC setup). If you jump to 8s on the 1340kv I'd make sure to run on a 10T pinion cause you won't be able to keep it on the ground. Your probably better off running the 1000kv on 8s.

Keith81

Since I am NEW to electric, How do I know if my batteries or whatever are 6S capable ?

I have two pair's of 5000mah lipos.... I sure hope they are, I wouldn't wanna have to sell these and get two more pairs....

and I think I will run the setup your running demon, how is it? fast? powerful? better then stock ?

Kaz the Minotaur

Although I don't have Demon's setup it is way faster and way more powerful than stock.

6S refers to a battery containing 6 cells wired in series for a total nominal voltage of 22.2 (3.7X6). You should use this voltage in any calculations. Fresh off the charger voltage will be around 25.2.

ESCs, motors, etc. will give a max rated voltage.

Dirtconvert

Look for 2s, 3s, 4s etc. on your battery pack. I would recommend the hobbywing version 2 esc over the castle. More speed and from personal experience, more reliable. They both can be tuned equally. I would stay in the 6s battery power. The lepoard will do 8s, but recommended is 4s for the 1340, 6s for 1090. Before anyone comes after me about posted specs, go to lepoard site and read for yourself.

DemonRC

Ya duel 3s is 6s if wired in series. I ran duel 3s for awhile with my 1340kv but run times were about 10 minutes. I switched to duel 6s wired in parallel for 10,000 mah of capacity and I can run for about 20 minutes now.

Keith81

How do I know if I am wired in series or parallel ???

Thanks for all the help so far...

I love learning!

Vision

The way the wires are connected on the adapter will determine the way it's wired. Parallel plugs for eg have both + and both - wires going to the terminal that connects to the esc

Deluge

Kaz the Minotaur

The top one will increase speed (voltage) and the bottom will increase run time (mah).

SeriesandParallel.jpg

SeriesandParallel.jpg

/monthly_2012_01/SeriesandParallel.jpg.71714cc4af01af4d3316dbb2a51143fd.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts