• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

OK, I'm back again

str8jailbird

I started a thread a few months back about a new Rampage MT. Well the time has come to order finally!!!! I am going to stick with my current radio system at the moment (no overtime at work:mad:) and am putting a JR RS310 in for the receiver. What battery pack? I was thinking of the 3000mah HPI for that. Also I would like to know the inital parts to order for regular running. I am going to order a Hitec 5745MG to replace the stock steering servo when it goes but what else? I don't want to hop it up just yet, that comes later. I just need to know what to have on hand that are the most common failures as is common on new vehicles. The gears? Diffs? Driveshafts? Later on I am probably going to get another rear dom for this truck because the current one is making my Baja 5B SS scream like a banshee (plus I can't bring myself to mar the shiny chrome on it! :p ). Tires? Wheels? Brakes? Any help is appreciated.

kryptonite

i got the rampage hop-up kit. it comes with lots of stuff you might need. including a full set of front and rear suspension arms, front and rear (upgraded) diffs and upgraded gear plate and taller shock springs(4). the stock springs are way short. plus a good amount of other parts. not bad for $49.00.. the common gears to go are the 2-25 tooth gears, but a-b gears are also prone to failure. i busted the front stearing hub and so have a few others. im pretty sure all the drive shafts have been upgraded and i havent had a problem. a clutch spring is a good start too. it has a serious amount of low end lag and it helps a little

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=364

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=5&productId=334

also the stock body cracke very easy. mine is in many peaces after rolling it the snow. tape and shoe-goo should help. its really bad

THIS IS 10 MINUTES IN THE SNOW!

ragecarnage001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

topdog802

kryptonite: that sucks. :eek: i ran in the snow all day, no breaks i got lucky. i got around 8in. i took a couple hard hits and rolls, i was jumping off a 5ft snow bank. it was so much fun! :D

str8jailbird: if ur going to stay with the stock exhaust for a little while take the stinger off, huge:eek: difference on the low end!

Sprint 77

Contributor
str8jailbird said:
What about the stock Baja SS can? I have that from my SS and also the HPI tuned pipe that I don't hink will fit without a lot of mods.
Need Power on a budget? Send your HPI SS header to me I will cut and lengthen two areas of it for $20 and your SS pipe will now fit your Rampage. After you get recooperated financialy from all your mods you can send the chamber and the flange and I can mod it like the one I did for my Mooman 007 uk and myself. Check my posts on pipe mods.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts