• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Oil filled gearcase

C.B.

the first thing i ever broke on my rampage was the gear cover the only pole there was to hit in a grass covered acre and it found my gear cover

dcfan

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but I've been reading your posts since a long time already. I'm in France and I own the Rampage MT. I broke the gears in the rear differential. I ordered the part to rebuild the differential and I'm wondering what type of oil I should use to keep it lubrificated. NitroBurn, I was curious about that gorrila snawt grease and wanted to know if you tried it in your diffs and if it can be safely and efficiently used with the differential gears and if so in which amount? Please check the last post of this forum page and tell me if this applies to the Rampage MT as I am not sure and understand what they mean : http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12132 Thx

Piranha2

Contributor
I, with my incredible wisdom, decided to use marine grease (all I had, leftover from my Magnum 57) in my rear dif, well it's not really a dif anymore.....basically locked it......D'oh....now I crash worse than Moo.....umm, strike that.....I don't have a skidsteer:D

jigawatt

chucked said:
it looks like marine grease
Greases are pretty much almost all the same, just different colors. The only differences available in grease, is the viscosity. Only specialty greases have a difference to them.

mooman007uk

Banned
Piranha2 said:
I, with my incredible wisdom, decided to use marine grease (all I had, leftover from my Magnum 57) in my rear dif, well it's not really a dif anymore.....basically locked it......D'oh....now I crash worse than Moo.....umm, strike that.....I don't have a skidsteer:D
I'm like an infectious disease:D

chucked

oil is the only way to go, grease flings off in a matter of seconds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts