• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

# Of Tanks/Gals on UR Ramp

hamster huey

Just curious how many tanks or gallons are on your Ramps. This weekend I found out 3 full tanks is approx. half a gallon. As of 5/18/09 I have 18 tanks on my Mt chassis of which the 23cc got 8 and the 28.5cc is up to 10. 18/3=6 half gallons=3 gallons.

kryptonite

i measure by how many quarts of 2 stroke i go thru. i mix in 1/2 gallon batches. 2 onces per half gallon. i have 1 more batch left in my second quart. so im almost at 8 gallons, but i lost track as to wich rig has more time on it

DemonRC

I measure vehicle runtime by how many small animals I've run over.

Last edited by a moderator:

jigawatt

thats it? you need more run time... ;)

As for me, i've got about 4 maybe 5 tanks. We'll see how well my work holds up this weekend. If I blow it up, time for a zenoah.

kryptonite

im assuming you mean 8 gallons? i am also running the stock plugs that came with the 23cc mills. i kept the plugs that came with the headkits as spares, but havent needed them yet. i'll probly change out the plug on the mt becouse the washer doesn't keep it tight anymore and unscrews itself sometimes. but it still fires nice.

Piranha2

Contributor
kryptonite said:
i measure by how many quarts of 2 stroke i go thru. i mix in 1/2 gallon batches. 2 onces per half gallon. i have 1 more batch left in my second quart. so im almost at 8 gallons, but i lost track as to wich rig has more time on it
2oz/ 1/2gal = 4/gal x 8 (gal) = 32 (oz) which equals 1 quart

Piranha2

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
lost count how many 5 litre cans I've been through (US gallon is only 3.78 and our gallons are 4.64 litres) estimate 6-8 US gallons and a few hundred $ in spares:D
Yeah, I have spent more on upgrades and parts than the truck cost..........and Kryp, maybe you're just better with weigths than volumes :eek:

hardcore

i do not know how much 100 octane fuel i have used so far, do not care at $6 dollers a gal. compaired to $38 a gal. for nitro, has anyone tried mixing nitro w/ mixed fuel ?? if so what ratio is working for you. i used to use this combo in a race sled i had. worked well,

hamster huey

40 tanks now on ramp #1 (6.5 gallons) and #2 is on 6 tanks (1 gallon). I still run plastic gears. With no gear cover the gears do not melt at all. I run my gears until they wear out. Both have 28.5cc one with a x can and the other with a side dom. When I get them all tore down and rebuilt I will post pics and specs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts