• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

OD of Hostile tires

dl914

Does anybody know the outside dimension and width of front Hostile MXT and MX tires? I sent an email to Hostile but no answer.

DemonRC

I don't have exact measurements but I did put my front bowties up next to them on my buddy's 5b and it was really close. Get the bowtie OD and you should be really close. I think its 170mm but don't quote me on that.

dl914

Thanks- just thinking which tires to try out. I ended up ordering front trenchers on the six split rims with discount codes from TH. Hope the Ramtech adapters come back in stock soon.

ImminentFailure

I put trenchers on my XT, and started breaking diff cups like crazy. They are the tallest 5T/sc tire out there at 194MM, and they are HEAVY. When I Sell my XT, i'm selling them without them. If I was to do it all over again, I would stick to the stock OD as best possible, and as light as possible.

I personally would go (if i had an XBE) with

4x http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8169/.f (they look cooler in person, darker black and without that shitting wheel nut they are using in the pic.)

with 4x hostile knobby MX tires, and silverback HD lipped beadlocks in color of your choice.

or pro-line badlands pre-mounted. I used the 40 series of badlands on my e-revo, love em.

dl914

Thanks for your input, Imminent. I was looking for more ground clearance so a taller tire but maybe they weren't the best choice. Guess I'll find out.

ImminentFailure

Anytime. Same reason I did it too, ground clearance.

I know some people try longer shocks, along with trimming the chassis tabs. Others said if you free up the sway bar binding on the upper A-arm you get improved down travel. These are all speculative as I never tried any. The XT platforms overall seem to run low, and lack the kind of suspension travel these beasts could use.

Redcat make a hardened diff cup, I put them on but haven't run it since. I used to run mine at a big 1/5 scale track, so there was lots of jumps. I was good about being off the throttle on landing, and i never broke anything other than diff cups, so depending on your bashing, you may not have the same issue I did. I was running all rears, so 5+MM width, same height.

If mine were all fronts, I'd tell you to return yours as new for a refund, and i'd sell you mine for cheap to give em a try.

let us know how it turns out, and post some pics!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts