• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Now I own a MT

big ed

Picked it up an hour ago. Ran it up and down my street to c how it ran, it was puffin out alot of smoke and had no power and I jumped it up the curb into my front yard and wheel came off. It already had gas so I checked it and it look like somebody didnt change there oil in a car for 30,000 that how black the gas was. Hopefully this isnt the start of another nightmare

kryptonite

the wheel came off couse they don't have knurled ends like the baja's. you can use "blue" loc-tite or simply get some darksoul,cat-5, or hpi wheel nuts. works a charm. the smoke meens nothing. could simply be the type of oil or that its been in the tank too long.. not much too that.. it may appear to run kinda slower. but remember. it 4wd and those mt tires are super heavy. put better tires on that thing and you will smoke all 4. sounds like your setting your self up for a nightmare. pretty basic stuff, thought i was going to get some pics? :D . all the info you need to wake up from your nightmare is here on the forum.

-upgrade your shocks, hpi hd's

-ditch the stock shell

-pull the cinder blocks out and you will run faster(prolines and rockstars)

-a ported 27.2 will scream!! not enough power to break parts but enough power to crank out some rpm's

-black side mount dom, :D

with some gearing a 5year old will do laps around that 5t.

mooman007uk

Banned
before you run it you should do all the fixes it needs like green loctite all the dogbone pins, centre all the dogbones with 1/2 a decidamp earplug in each cup, ditch the stock th/br servo...check out some of the threads on what you should do.

to get it to run better pull off the long exhaust stinger and pull the guts out of the can and then tune the carb...and get some good gas and oil.

If you run these straight out the box things will go wrong in a hurry

Z

ZielkeRacing

Lizardking said:
25:1 my gas is light blue..
Thats what I run also, its good for break in too. Rich is good on your first tank. The wheel nunts need to be locktite or 5g nuts or even a nut with an o ring ar a knurled back side

Z

ZielkeRacing

kryptonite said:
i run 38:1. my gas is like piss water:p
rings cost $8 every 5 gallons
You are gonna kill the local lemonade stands!! :eek:

Lizardking

Speaking of tire..not to thread jack. But what are some good rim/tire combos that mount on the 22mm hub?

kryptonite

Lizardking said:
Speaking of tire..not to thread jack. But what are some good rim/tire combos that mount on the 22mm hub?
none..you can get baja adaptors or extended adaptors and run any of the wide variaty of tires for that

kryptonite

kryptonite

i think when i blow out my tt rims i will go with the extender from darksoul.. hopefully not any time soon:D

big ed

I got this slightly used. everthing was done by previous owner. I was just venting a little, I have a 5t and run 32:1 in it. I am definitly puting the upgrades and dumping the sludge out of the tank. I just wanted to run it to make sure it wasnt broke. There is alot I don't know about this rampage so thanks for all the advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts