• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not happy with my new dr

Trickle007

Contributor
why do you dislike it? Are you running everything stock as is? because with some minor upgrades it will make a huge difference in performance.

Psychodragracer

Yeah it moves like a turtle i have to give it full throttle just to get it to take off.It just seems like to me if you spend $600 bucks on a car it should at least move some???

I know there are alot of upgrades like pipes and gears and clutches or just another motor all together but damn.I guess with the bad time right now i should have went with what i knew was fast because to race this thing i'm gonna have to dump a bunch of money into it.Or i'm gonna get left in the dust.I think the 26cc fuelie only makes 2hp that just aint gonna work on a 35lb car.

Trickle007

Contributor
With a tuned pipe you will get alot more hp out of the 26cc motor. Just about all rc's you buy you going to have to replace the exhaust with a tuned pipe anyway for better performane. I just bought a Rampage MT and with tuned pipe and new carb the performance is alot better. The rampage can keep up with my Savage 4.6 nitro now.

I love my Rampage and am glad I purchased it. I know you have a DR but they are kinda similiar. IMO take the time and invest little a money into it and you will have a nice 1/5 scale for a reasonable price compared to alot of the way higher priced manufaturers.

krashkrieg

Contributor
You spend close to that on a 5.7 Savage 1/8 Nitro and you will still do mods right off the bat...

This thing will not move well WITHOUT a descent Pipe and won't take off quickly without a tighter clutch spring...

Oh, and a stock TMaxx isn't going over 40 without mods... :eek:

pipeous

if a DR is a turtle, then a stock tmaxx is what? it would take about 2 grand to get a tmaxx to run 50mph. I know, I have the credit card bills to prove that LOL... with that said... I could build a 1/18 scale that does 60 mph cheap too but it's tiny.

do yourself a favour and get a pipe. it's the first thing every large scaler does that gives the biggest performance boost

loganvass

Contributor
I ran my second tank on my DR and I did not put my new pipe yet, but Im very happy so far with the speed,I cant wait to see the diference will make with the pipe on.

lords

Psychodragracer,

if it's that bad you should sell out and go back to electric or nitro...then add up the money after all your mods...

I run all scales and they all cost on break downs...that's part of the hobby...

Don't cry fire it up and learn to fly :)

just like any real thing it can be modded to run faster..it is up to you being the owner/driver to find that sweet spot...

but i don't think you can reach that because you coming in here pushing your negative flow around :p

and mixing Apples with oranges..

just my opinion of course ...

Peace...

hamster huey

I had a dunerunner with a 5t can and it wasnt the fastest accelerating but could still peel out and do donuts on loose dirt, caught rustler vxl's running 8.4v, and was still fun.

I mistakingly thought it was slow until I started drag racing friends. Then I realized the size of it makes speed deceiving.

Try adjusting your H and L if you havent already. Mine didnt have accel./top speed until I leaned it a few hours. Swap your 29/31 gears for more top end once you get a better pipe or muffler.

5bSS pipes can be had cheap and fit easily as well. Ive tried them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts