• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Nooby here with a boggy low end

joshreynolds777

Just got into 5th scale. My MT has the DDM pipe and runs great with higher RPM, but a dog a low RPM.

Does this sound like a low speed needle setting or just how the stock clutch engages?

If its the clutch, what should I go with as far as changing?

thanks

fastlane

Team Driver
I don't think it's the clutch because I ran my tt with it and it did fine. Check your tune first before you change a clutch spring. What engine are you running?

kryptonite

ya, im really wondering what motor you have too.. that 23 can barely get out of its own way. upgradeing to the red 8k clutch spring will help, but a basic $75 28.5cc headkit is your best bet. these 2 stroke motors have bad low end torque, so getting them closer to the power band will really help..

fastlane

Team Driver
yep that's why I asked about what engine he was running. I never ran mine stock I was thirsty for power from day one. If you have the extra dough get the 28.5cc race ported stroker. That'll give it a lift

joshreynolds777

I think the 8K clutch is in my future. Just came up with the money for the rig, gotta hold of on the major upgrades for now.

The 23cc motor with the DDM in the power band seems to have a nice little amount of power. Lammo top end, but still plenty of fun for now.

kryptonite

joshreynolds777 said:
How hard is it to change out the top end kit?
very easy. most of it is "pull off" and "put on" in reverse. the basic top end is very simple with simply pulling the piston off the crank and re-attaching the new stuff. basic tools. there are only a few little things to watch for, like gaskets and wich way the piston faces. its very simple, even for a first timer.

joshreynolds777 said:
also.... where do I look at that race ported stroker, just for giggles?
you can get a basic top end with out the stroker and you will have an excellant power house. here are a few links to check out. i like O'BROS motors better then esp. most esp motors are ported by DDM. the champianship motors are the only ones that are really worked on by esp. hence the reason why i like o'bros..lol..

-this is a basic 28.5 top end. probly the most popular headkit. good amount of usable power. ($75)

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/28cctopend.htm

-this is a raceported 28.5 top end. ported for better power and higher revs. i have this in my MT ($109)

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/28cctopend_ported.htm

-this is a stuffed/ported/machined 30.5 top end. its just like the 28.5, but has a moddified +2mm stuffed stroker crank for gobs of low end torque. this requires a little more work to install the crank ($149)

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/30_kit_mpp.htm

joshreynolds777

Can someone shoot me a scematic of the 23cc CY carb needle settings, and locations?

I don't know what is what!

I do think I founf the idle screw, and the one nest to it....?

what ever that one is, i richened it, and it ran a lot better, i think it was too lean, lean bogging

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts