• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

no more love for the xb-e?

strodedawg

noticing more and more people are selling off their xb-e :(

i love mine and am having fun racing it

those that are selling, what are your reasons?

it seems the small group of people dedicated to this car is getting even smaller. my main concern is that a car i really enjoy it seems is slowly dying out. we have a great aftermarket company in 7075rc and redcat has some nice upgrades as well to keep this car fun and competitive.

dl914

i still like mine but only had for a month or so. I did get it broke so am in the middle of fixing it. Stepson drove it into a stone wall:(

strodedawg

i hope so because i like making baja owners :mad: . got a couple threats from the losi owners in my area, saying they are gonna push me around on the track :eek: if they can catch me ;)

Vision

Nice, I plan to run with the baja's at my local track. Setting up my xb-e for race.

Ron E

Contributor
I just never ran mine, i have 5 1/8 scale brushless trucks, truggy & buggy so i run them a lot... when i bust out the largescale i just want to hear the 2 stroke scream, even if the performance is not as wild, i love the sound. I love my full mod 35cc tt but have wanted a xt since they came out, so i traded the xb-e for an xt. the xb-e is awesome, but with 13 rc's... i just didn't see me running it much so back to 1/5 gas for me.

but i'll make some one an awesome deal on a NEW leopard 5692 1340kv motor... then you'll reallly like your xb-e :D

Last edited by a moderator:

auto2

my xb-e is fantastic. but i bought a losi 5ive and love that too. i actually for the first time WANT a gas motor. the thing is amazing. but i like to keep things simple and if i sell my xb-e i can get a second losi to make electric. 2 losis and easier parts support. thats the only reason i wanna sell my xb-e. it really is a good buggy. actually for the money it cant be beat.

killajb

We've got nothing to fear.. I think a lot of people are selling their Baja's because of the Castle XL issues AND because the 5ive-T came out. Perhaps the same is true for the XBE. As much as I love the the 5ive-T, stock configuration is still going to lag behind a stock XBE. Just too much weight to sling around a course, even though they come close to the same top speed on a long straight.

An XBE with a leopard 5692 or 1717 is going to be hard to catch, even with a modded gasser pushing the big Losi around. If anything, it will bring more competition and more areas to race and prove what a capable car the XBE is.

I honestly think HPI will try and compete with a 4wd fifth scale vehicle just as light in the future. But until then I have yet to see another compare.

DemonRC

I think it's because most guys are like me and have C.A.D.D

Car Attention Deficit Disorder

Whatever the case may be I think the XBE will be one of those cars that you miss and want to come back to. I'm enjoying the fact that the only thing I've done to fix my XBE since I've owned it is to tighten some setscrews here and there. That's it. I can really focus my attention on tuning now. This brought to light my other medical issue... T.A.D.D.

Tuning Attention Deficit Disorder

I just can't decide what diff oil, shock oil, chamber, and tires I want to run and where.

strodedawg

DemonRC said:
I think it's because most guys are like me and have C.A.D.DCar Attention Deficit Disorder
i completely understand! just built my 1/8 2wd buggy for the indoor/outdoor season race/play with lol

just with the grafil body coming soon and the losi shocks i will finish mounting this weekend.... i think this car could really do some damage on the track.

landmissle

I like mine! I ran it today at the beach and the comments kept coming about how cool it was.

landmissle

Not sure if it is the rampage or the fact it is 5th scale, but, it is a whole different world over 8th scale. Throws so much more dirt and grass at you than the smaller rigs. Also it is a pleasure to work on. My losi xxl is another car that is easy to take apart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts