• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

No Go For Joe

Sprint 77

Contributor
Chack the lay shaft gears make sure the grub screws are tight. You might have to lift it up running then set it down under power and maybe the drivetrain that is not right will make a noise or give you something to go on. We covered most of the usual remedies here. The pinion gear on the clutche bell still has its flat in it to catch the shaft doesn't it. it being the stoc plastic one maybe it has spun inside and now has no flat to catch. Keep posting the symptoms we will get it figured out.

M

magnum57

OK just pulled the pinion on the clutch bell and spur. All good. The pinion on the lay shaft is tight as a drum. I cant get the allen screws out but tried to move it with plyers its going no where. :confused: The symptoms are fires up perfect. Go to give it throttle and it bairly moves go for moe throttle and just whines. I see the pinion and spur moving the layshat gears just fine but no go:mad:

Last edited:
M

magnum57

It tries to to turn it. I set the truck on the ground and give it gas and its just tries and then nothing. Its like the diff is not working but I know its fine. Well I think its fine. CRAP

Piranha2

Contributor
Are the dif gears spinning? I put mine up on a paintcan and spun the main gear (clutch bell)(with everything opened up) to see where the spinning stopped....it was my dogbone cup shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
Maybe we are looking at diff when we should be looking at motor check the clutch bolt that holds the clutch holder to the crank it is a drift fit only no key if it is loose would cause symptom you describe.

M

magnum57

My diff is apart now I put the diff cups in and turn one side and spins fine same on the other side. If I hold the diff and try to spin both diff cups at the same time it wont spin it moves the whole diff housing like it should. It looks like its fine. I think a few more beers and I'll figure it out:eek: Its like dam its something simple and I cant figure it out:mad:

M

magnum57

Son of a Bi%*# :eek:I've got one wheel that has a round hub. WOW mooman007uk this could be my whole problem. I'm going to put on one of my FG tires and check it out. I will owe you one if this is it. Too simple. :D

M

magnum57

moomam007uk U ARE THE MAN. :D I AM A BOOB. :rolleyes: any time your in Arizona stop buy and have a beer on me. So simple its hard. Anyway thanks guys. Awesome help

hellya

mooman007uk said:
are the wheel square and pinion on layshaft and clutch shaft grub screws tight?
You could have saved alot of time if your listened in the 3rd post:D We all been there man....usually its somthing simple 1156862901-1209.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/1156862901-1209.jpg.3a6288fd537f4fdf6dc29fc2ffda1789.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts