• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Nitro fuel in a 5th scale?

Mikev7

I was farting around with my jato and thinking about hp/fuel ratios and I got to thinking.. What about putting 10th scale nitro fuel in a 5th scale vehicle? I wouldn't try this cause the oil mix would probably destroy my xt engine but can it be done on a new engine? I'm talking 30% nitro.

They're both 2 stroke. One uses a glow plug and one a spark plug. Will it run? Dragsters run nitromethane and its thebsame stuff. Nitro is WAY more powerful than gas. Will it blow up? Any info would be great.

hysinthius

I would think there is a lot more to it then mixing it in. have to run bigger fuel jets and lower compression. If it was a straight line drag type race might be worth it. professional Nitro cars (3500+ hp) rebuild each run. I know some old school gocart racers used to use 10% nitro with 2 stroke gas engines. They used to get them running on a shot glass of two stroke gas to get it running and up to temp. then fill up on the 10nitro/90gasoil mix. they also rebuilt after every race.

Im not responsible for the outcome of your motor but please video tape it. :)

JD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts