• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Nitro and Electric Desert Truck

RampageHopUps

2wd, based off another Redcat platform. Nitro or brushed or brushless. Low cost. I saw it on Darin's desk and noticed it up on their site. It looks very nice. These will be my Christmas presents for all my nephews.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I think the 1/8th scale is also 4 wheel drive with a 2 speed. :)

speedyd

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
2wd, based off another Redcat platform. Nitro or brushed or brushless. Low cost. I saw it on Darin's desk and noticed it up on their site. It looks very nice. These will be my Christmas presents for all my nephews.
cool thanks UNCLE ROB!

speedbaboon

Isnt it an exact 'copy' of Traxxas Slash???

Any pics with the body off ??

Z

ZielkeRacing

I have a Slash with the VXL brushless and a 3700 7.2v and its the cheapest fun that I have had. If the electric are like these and with there support this will be awesome!! CORR rc trucks are great fun and it helps with the large shells and the light weight. Great fun.

RampageHopUps

I race Slash every Saturday night with the kids. This would be a great truck for my 10 year old to start with. At my track, you have to have a $600 brushless Slash to run competetively.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Holy cow!! The redcat is a great way to get into the hobby or even race. the Slash thing took off for sure!! I wonder if the Jconcepts and the Proline shells will fit? Time wil tell I guess, but I bet they are close.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Sh*t I gotta learn to hide all the good stuff when Rob stops by. hehe

Today Rob pops in and notices this little truck on my desk. It was funny his ears perked up and was like a little kid. Not announcing that one yet as it is not confirmed but it is smaller than 1/10 scale and rather cool and will let you all know more details if we decide to do it.

Darin

Last edited by a moderator:

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
We will have the Vortex EP Pro which is not on the site yet. It is basically our brushless buggy with different bumpers, tires and desert truck body. So all these new models with the Desert truck body are pretty much proven as they are from a current platform.

I fear though I did not order enough of these. We launched them on the site about a week ago and our dealers are going nuts wanting them.

We gonna run out in 3 days when they arrive in early April but I ordered a ton of them for mid May delivery.

Darin

AlphaDog777

When are the electrics gunna be released?

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZielkeRacing

I have the brushless on the way, the pics look great, just wondering about the spur gear. If its covered, this maybe one heck of a truck.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I got my brushless today. Its a bit smaller then the Slash but looks great. Sure will be fun for the money. Comes with Dean connectors and a 2000mah batter too!

RampageHopUps

I just picked up a few today. This thing hauls ass, a lot faster than my $600 slash. I will continue top race that, but my kids can race the Redcat in the Novice class.

We are sold out already.

The slash bodies will be too big. I have pictures and movies to upload tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.