• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Newbie Question analog and digital

hobbsa23

I was looking to buy the spektrum DX3C and swap it out with the stocker. Is the servo on the XBE analog or digital? Or would i have to swap out the servo and get the Hitec 5755 347oz? Basically what im asking is can digital devices be used interchangeably with analog devices? :confused:

fluxn81

The DX3C should have an option to switch from analog and digital. I'm not certain, but I would say the servo on the XBE is analog. We'll have to find out. I know if you run your tx set up for digital and have analog servos, they won't last.

DemonRC

hobbsa23 said:
I was looking to buy the spektrum DX3C and swap it out with the stocker. Is the servo on the XBE analog or digital? Or would i have to swap out the servo and get the Hitec 5755 347oz? Basically what im asking is can digital devices be used interchangeably with analog devices? :confused:
I see alot of guys on the weekend running analog servos with Spektrum systems. Where I run pretty much everybody is using one of the DX3 series. You may want to check out this thread before purchasing your Spektrum though:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5476

I shelved my expensive Futaba 3PK for these.

hobbsa23

fluxn81 said:
The DX3C should have an option to switch from analog and digital. I'm not certain, but I would say the servo on the XBE is analog. We'll have to find out. I know if you run your tx set up for digital and have analog servos, they won't last.
Since you have that transmitter by flysky with the blue lcd screen like the link above, do you recommend it over the spektrum?

fluxn81

hobbsa23 said:
Since you have that transmitter by flysky with the blue lcd screen like the link above, do you recommend it over the spektrum?
Nope, but I recommend Futaba over Spektrum.

csp1971

Contributor
FS is as good as the Futaba. Spektrum sucks, if you get one, enjoy your glitching and short range. I own all three. If something is as good as something else, why pay 5 times more?

fluxn81

hobbsa23 said:
Why don't you recommend the Flysky transmitter?
Remember the Vorza? It kept glitching. It seems that if the tx batteries aren't at full charge, it's not very reliable. There's a reason why things cost as much as they do.

If you feel comfortable using a 35 dollar tx on your 700+ dollar rc, then that's how you run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill_G

I think that $35 radio shows what you can get for your money. I've been using it with no problems. $7 receivers!!! Outta box it lacks a few things, but functions fine. Great range. I roughly measured about 700 feet. There's a huge thread on another forum about it and one guy made custom firmware for it which transforms it into a really nice tx.

Almost $500 for a 4PKS and $90 for receivers...come on! What you think it cost to make that?

If this radio will do what I need it to then I'll keep using it.

Just my opinion. I'm not telling anyone they have to buy it

Deluge

Buy what you can afford. Forget the name. Brand loyalty is for the birds. I have a Spektrum system and it's flawless. Same with my Airtronics and Futaba systems.

hobbsa23

Deluge said:
Buy what you can afford. Forget the name. Brand loyalty is for the birds. I have a Spektrum system and it's flawless. Same with my Airtronics and Futaba systems.
Thats whats up:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts