• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New xb

jonivtec

I..im new to 1/5 scale....i just get a xb and i order the 7075rc metal gear plate with bearing and T-bone racing bumper and skidplate.Is there something i must know important to prevent execessive wear or failure on my xb?Suspension fluid?? My idea for breaking in is to let the engine idle for the first tank..run smoothly the second one...is it a good idea?

I buy synthetic 2 stroke oil and plan to mix 25/1 premium fuel for the life of the engine.Any suggestion will be appreciated.Im here to learn and i really want to take care of my hard earned money!

Thanks in advanced and BTW sorry for my poor english im french:)

G

Stygian said:
What about the kill switch that comes on the XB already is that not good enough and if not what would you recommend for a kill switch and what throttle/brake servo would you recommend
That's not a kill switch. It's only a fail safe. It works best in the trash. The receiver actually has a built in fail safe. A fail safe will move a servo to brakes or steer to one side. That however, doesn't help if you loose power or the servo fails.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
That's not a kill switch. It's only a fail safe. It works best in the trash. The receiver actually has a built in fail safe. A fail safe will move a servo to brakes or steer to one side. That however, doesn't help if you loose power or the servo fails.
So the big red button is only a fail safe? I thought it was a kill switch lol as I use it to stop the engine :( now I feel like a big tardo haha.

G

The big red button is a manual kill switch.

I'm tasking about this fail safe.

-

Stygian

Banned
Oh ok so I was just thinking of the wrong part, that kill switch you posted is pretty sweet, added it to my list of parts to buy soon as the XB is running 100%

jonivtec

OK...so ill get a kill switch and a throttle servo and let the credit card cool down for a while.After i will order the 7075 rear and front bearing holder.Thanks for the response guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts