• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new to the Forum with a question

cable97526

Hey all, My name is Caleb I just recently purchased a rampage MT. I've been into RC's for about 17 years now but not into large scale. My question is on the Rampage manual is says to mix the fuel and oil to 75% gas to 25%oil ?? this would be 4:1 ratio! this seems extremely rich is this correct? I own multiple dirt bikes and they almost all run 40:1. I appalogize for the newb question but I tried the forum search and came up with nothing. Thanks for the help and I hope I can help someone in the future.

Gas Jocky

Welcome Caleb Yah it's a goofy translation from Chinnese to English.. It's 25:1

Don'r worry your not the first one to ask lol.

kun114

I've been running my Baja for a year now with a 40:1 mixture. The same for my Rampage since I got it. 25:1 just seems a bit excessive to me.

cable97526

I agree completely with even at 25:1 is a bit excessive nowadays with the oil's we have at our disposal. I have a large supply of royal purple full synthetic oil and VP 110 fuel that is ready mixed at 40:1 that I would like to run, but I just wanted to make sure before I demolished my new truck!!! :D Thanks for the very quick replies and no flaming, that is extremely appreciated. Thanks again guys. Caleb

jaysyourhandyman

cable97526 said:
Hey all, My name is Caleb I just recently purchased a rampage MT. I've been into RC's for about 17 years now but not into large scale. My question is on the Rampage manual is says to mix the fuel and oil to 75% gas to 25%oil ?? this would be 4:1 ratio! this seems extremely rich is this correct? I own multiple dirt bikes and they almost all run 40:1. I appalogize for the newb question but I tried the forum search and came up with nothing. Thanks for the help and I hope I can help someone in the future.
well first welcome to forum, Caleb

these are a great bunch of guys and we all are more than willing to help with anything:)

As you can tell your engine is giving....but i started.. rich for a gallon, about ..16:1 to break in the engine, working my way up to about 30:1

i hope this has helped:)

most of the things you need to get started are in the forum or just ask

there a few things that need attention

and other posts that will help to get the most out of what you have

I think it is the best 1/5 scale available and for the price, even beter....to repair or mod

most of all.,., get it dirty:D...and don't forget the pics

RampageHopUps

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts