• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to 1/5 scale Rampage M/T

MTMIKE

I bought this truck to have fun and chase geese out of my yard. I changed out the pipe right away known exhaust system are important with a two cycle. I know two positions. Stopped and wide open. I have so much fun with this thing.

Note: Not a pro series truck.

Now my questions. What are the weak links on this trucks? I stripped out two of the 4 gears on the side of the truck. The gears are plastic. If I change to steel gears then what breaks next? Should I stay with plastic? Very easy to change. Any suggestions about the gears and any other hopups?

hamster huey

don't know if you vented/removed your gear cover but most of us don't strip gears once we do that. Once you change the radio/servos, add an hpi filter, and get a killswitch for starters I wouldnt worry about upgrading until you break something. Mines bulletproof to my driving style while other people don't seem to get to that point. I think it depends on driving style so I'd say don't waste your money on what you think youll need, wait and see what you do need. But do go throught the checklist to get it running.

MTMIKE

should have mentioned put on a kill switch 1st thing then put on the pipe. By taking the cover off won't that open it up for small rocks to get suck up into the gears?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts