• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Steel Gears...

Sprint 77

Contributor
You have to make sure you get the right ratio so the center to center of the shafts will be right for the mesh. MCD has the same 4 side hub on the shaft as the Rampage , so they will fit, but I am not positve on what ratios you should buy. Look at the gear chart Sticky on this Forum.

I am looking into finding out what ratios will work.

flint mann

the gear chart doesn't have a 26 37. there is a 25 35 and a 27 33. it looks like it is tween those two gearing options I wonder if there is a plastic set to see if that combo will work almost a c-note is a little steep to find out that that option isn't feasable

Gas Jocky

I'm running steel 23/26 on C and D witch has solved the problem with those gears frying, but gears A and B appear to have no problem using plastic. I have had the Redcat plastic A/B installed for at least 2+ gallons now although they are showing some wear still have life left. I think it's probably a good idea to leave a weak link in the drive train at some point. Actually until Redcat comes up with a diff cup diff gear upgrade that's the real week link come to think of it!

noyb98098

flint mann said:
the gear chart doesn't have a 26 37. there is a 25 35 and a 27 33. it looks like it is tween those two gearing options I wonder if there is a plastic set to see if that combo will work almost a c-note is a little steep to find out that that option isn't feasable
Good point..

noyb98098

Gas Jocky said:
I'm running steel 23/26 on C and D witch has solved the problem with those gears frying, but gears A and B appear to have no problem using plastic. I have had the Redcat plastic A/B installed for at least 2+ gallons now although they are showing some wear still have life left. I think it's probably a good idea to leave a weak link in the drive train at some point. Actually until Redcat comes up with a diff cup diff gear upgrade that's the real week link come to think of it!
I thought the diff cup situation was pretty much solved with Nitro One's diff cup sets? I've been running hard with mine for about 2weeks straight with them.

Gas Jocky

I'd have Nitro one's diff cups if it wasn't for the lousy exchange rate right now, add paypals fees and shipping I'm looking at $200 for a full set.....for 4 diff cups...ouch!

noyb98098

Gas Jocky said:
I'd have Nitro one's diff cups if it wasn't for the lousy exchange rate right now, add paypals fees and shipping I'm looking at $200 for a full set.....for 4 diff cups...ouch!
Ouch is right! :eek:

RampageHopUps

You guys are talking about 2 different gear sets -

1) A & B need to add up to 60 (30+30 or 25+35, etc.)

2) C & D Needs to add up to 50 (25+25 or 23+26 in a pinch)

The 26 +37 will be loose by 2 teeth, so it may work, but will chatter. MCD plastic gears should be fine for you in the A & B gears. If not, you have another problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts