• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Remote

noyb98098

So no offense to the people who have Nomadio but I cant take it anymore, I'm sure I got a bad unit, mine sux. Wont hold a charge, so I replaced the battery and I have to constantly re-peak/charge the thing after using it for 20mins it's dead so I've decided to move on. I wanted to get another Futuba 3pk but they are sold out at Daves and Large Scale and the only other one I sort of like is this http://innovativehobby.com/spektrumdx3s3channel24ghzradiowithtelemetry.aspx but i hear mixed things about Spektrum. Any thoughts?? I wanna get it here for this weekend! :)

AlvaSpeed

I have the DX3S.

I like it.

That telemetry function is very good.

On the nitros you can have temp, revs and voltage readings.

On my Rampage I check my car`s battery voltage.

I haven`t tried to install the sensors on the Rampage`s engine but I will.

forist

Contributor
I was looking at that to for the past few days. I relay like all the extra functions it has. The RPM and Temp function would be awesome for tuning. Extra Goodies to put on my TT. mmmm I like extra Goodies :) :)

kryptonite

im not a fan of spectrum at all. i would hold out for the futaba or check tower hobbies. do a search on any forum and you will see all the reviews on them. they work flawlessly for nitro. alot of guys use them with absolutly no issue what so ever. nobody will ever complain about the futaba.

noyb98098

Darn it Krypt they almost had me until you said that.... :D Had it in my shopping cart and everything! :cool:

hamster huey

I wont own any more spektrum products made to date. 2.4s that failed me: spektrum, losi, traxxas. I have tried at least 7 different pistols and 20 receivers between all of them with all kinds of battery combos and none of them could meet all of my needs. Even the $300 spektrum systems have failed me. I now have airtronics mx3fg fhss2 ($140) and mx3 sport fhss2 ($100). I wish I could justify the m11 fhss2 or m11 fhss3 but don't have the $. Its either airtroncs or futaba for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

csp1971

Contributor
I have a Dx3.0. I like it, no problems with it and it's used for all three of my large scales. I thought I had a problem with it a month or so ago with glitching, but it ended up being the crappy battery that came with the Rampage. I bought a Futaba though that is now just sitting brand new in the box. I'd recommend the Futaba over the Spektrum though.

DemonRC

I hate the short range on the Spektrums. I've also had binding and glitching problems with them.

I run a Futaba now and highly recommend it. The range on Futaba, or even Airtronics FHSS systems, are really good. You can't go wrong with either system.

noyb98098

Hey Moo-

That's what I ended up getting, and the thing STILL wont hold a charge so I'm thinking the unit is bad, has to be. I remember you saying a while back that you were getting some serious run times out of your remote, with mine I have to recharge it after every run. I may try to get it replaced through the warranty since it's not even a year old. If they replace it I'll drop it in my MCD. But for now the Futuba is going in the MT.. :cool:

kryptonite

there was a thread about this on another forum. there is a fix to the battery drain problem. it had something to do with it pulling juice while it sits in the off position. i'll try to find it, but it was a while ago. there was a wire that had to be changed around inside.

noyb98098

Popped in the new Futuba 3pk today and it was a huge difference, range was greatly increased there was something definetly wrong with the Nomadio, hopefully they send me a new one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts