• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Rampage pipe

MOfroggy

I bought the new Rampage pipe and I consider it to be better than the X-can that I had on the truck. If you get this pipe you will probably want to consider turning the gas tank 180 degrees. With the new pipe installed the gas cap is right below the pipe and it is hard to get to and filling it up during a run when the pipe is hot could possibly be a problem

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=351

kun114

From looking at the pics folks had already posted I thought I'd do the same. Just hope I get time to do it before the pipe shows up later this week.

hellya

I still like my moded DDM Dom pipe......it out performs the redcat pipe:)

kun114

hellya said:
I still like my moded DDM Dom pipe......it out performs the redcat pipe:)
How do you know this? Have you tried both pipes? How much better does the Dom pipe perform? Is it worth the cost of the pipe,plus the cost of the mods?

hellya

RampageHopUps said:
Glad to see you got a Dyno!!!!!!
don't need a dyno when I can do a side by side:) Cost wise the redcat pipe is better..... :rolleyes:

kun114

My Redcat should be here today or tomarrow. Should hold me over till one of the big players come out with there version of a pipe made for this truck.

RampageHopUps

No, I have "Gout". I broke my ankle in high school, and its finally giving me problems now.

M

magnum57

Hey Rob,

Sorry to hear you not feeling well. Hope you recover soon. If you need anything just let me know.

Regards

Joe

Gas Jocky

Raced at the Brooks Bashfest this past weekend and had the new redcat pipe on for the race. Got to say it's a good performer works well....but unfortunately it didn't last long. these pics are after a tank full. It didn't break in half as the pic shows ( I did that so I could put a silicone coupler on as a quick fix) It split and cracked half way round. Anyone else have a problem like this?

pipe067.jpg

pipe068.jpg

pipe066.jpg

hellya

just like the other thin pipes on the market from china..look good but paper thin :(

noyb98098

Gas Jocky said:
Raced at the Brooks Bashfest this past weekend and had the new redcat pipe on for the race. Got to say it's a good performer works well....but unfortunately it didn't last long. these pics are after a tank full. It didn't break in half as the pic shows ( I did that so I could put a silicone coupler on as a quick fix) It split and cracked half way round. Anyone else have a problem like this?
pipe067.jpg

pipe068.jpg

pipe066.jpg
Gas Jocky- did you have many roll overs?

Gas Jocky

Sure, always have a roll over or ten but this pipe didn't last more than a tank full. My home modded Dominator is still in great shape after at least 10 tanks through.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts