• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new rampage breakdown

RJP

i just got the rampage from DDM i drove it around for about 5 min in a parking lot and the gear set melted is this common?I havent installed the upgrade kit yet i just wanted to see the thing move and poof

kryptonite

unfortanitly thats normal. but no worries. there is a few tricks to keeping the plastic gears. rampagehopups.com is curantly working on the steel gears wich should be here soon. first, put the upgraded gear plate in. mcd gears "might" help, but your biggest help will come from simply letting air into the gear cover, or running without one. many of us do, and many models don't even come with a gear cover.. do a search and you will find pix and other threads wich all pertain to this issue.

Wicked

All I did was drill about a 100 holes in my gear cover and my gears are still going string after about 5 tanks.

nitrorulz

Kryp is right! Just take the cover off, or drill tons of holes in it! Like he said though, tons of other R/C's come with NO cover and usually there isn't a problem like this! I see you are new here, so when you run into problems, search around for answers, as they are usually here somewhere as many guys such as Kryp have already been there and ran into the problem and have figured the answer out, and share it here! ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.