• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Pipe

Sprint 77

Contributor
I will be hand fabricating a Stainless steel header pipe combo.The expansion chamber will come in top end low end big motor small motor combos. I will be working closely with Rob to get these on the market just as soon as I can after delivery of the truck, I can tell you our pipes will be more versatile and easier to repair than anything else on the market to date.

Sprint 77

Contributor
GeneralG said:
What type of price range will these pipes sell for?
I am going after a market that wants a creative quality product not the cheapest.

I am going to be using aircraft quality Stainless and aluminum. with cnc watercut flanges so "NO" I won't be the cheapest, but I may very well be the best value in the long run.

Ron E

Contributor
Sounds good. Quality cost, but must deliver and be obtainable.

Please keep us informed / updated. By the time your pipe is available maybe

i'll be ready to step up from the x-can.

Do you have a dyno? or how do you know how to build a pipe for top end, bottom end, etc... I've bought lots of two stroke dirt bike pipes, ie. FMF, Pro-Circuit, etc... must be a lot of time - R&D involved.

I love the look of the RN fat power ? pipes i've seen but understand their hard to get ahold of.

Good luck and please get to work on that MT5 pipe as soon as you get your truck. Were waiting... :)

Will your pipe have a silencer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have a CAD software and a sound wave tuning meter. 2 cycle engines benefit from the tuning frequency or the "up on the pipe" symptom you here when everything is in harmony. I do not have a dyno though. I am hoping Lunatik Eng from the Baja forum might ablige me on confirming my increase results.

I hope this answers your questions for now. I am looking at the pipe and 1 other product ASAP then move onto more cosmetic things like fab aluminum tube bumpers and some other ideas.

MOfroggy

Sprint 77 said:
I am going after a market that wants a creative quality product not the cheapest.
I am going to be using aircraft quality Stainless and aluminum. with cnc watercut flanges so "NO" I won't be the cheapest, but I may very well be the best value in the long run.
I want one ASAP!! Sprint 77 knows how to make a pipe and understands the dynamics of making one work. He has the right equipment to do the job. His REAL job is precision welding on high $ aircraft frames and engines and he has a good rep doing that. If I understand it correctly you can buy his header and then either a low end or a high end expansion chamber. Depending on what type of track you are running on you install the proper chamber for the performance you need. You get what you pay for and once he determines a price you will be well rewarded for putting your trust in him. ( I am not associated with his company, I just know he knows 1/5 and 1/4 scale trucks and engines)

Sprint 77

Contributor
Sorry forgot one you had several questions. I will try to plan a removable silencer for it. To keep cost down and not sell to much of a product most people may not want the silencer will be a add on. I realize some have city noise ordinance laws to deal with. My CAD software tunes these in also with the expansion chamber.

Ron E

Contributor
Sounds great, can't wait to see your pipe... and yes noise is a issue where I am. I'm glad to see people like you interested in rc, makes performance products, r&d, available to people like me who can not make them ourselves.

Sound wave tuning meter, now thats cool... :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Ron E.

M

magnum57

hopefully your pipe will mount in the rear. the other pipes look like a growth and are fitted to be out side the body unless you use the asgard body. just don't work for me. and the rubber silencer connection seems like a cheap set up that a high dollar pipe just should'nt come with. were willing to pay big bucks and performance and looks should be included in the cost. thanks for spending time to r&d a pipe for the MT5

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have some progress in the pipe b4 I get the truck. Here is the flanges I am going to run one for the head and the other two will be the coupler for the header to expansion chamber. One question above I had not got to yet was wishing the pipe was not a side mount. Mine will fit under body and should be more protected in crash like the RD Logis and the HPI SS, I plan on my header coming out a little different than the HPI SS plus it being made out of Stainless steel will be more durable which seems to be the biggest complaint with the SS (damage) . Silencer mount will be more of a spring mount like some dirt bike 2 cycle I was thinking. It is not in stone though if people have thoughts. Everyone drop ROB a line tell him to SHIP my TRUCK so we can get this show on the road. LOL

Pipe flanges 2nd Gen Zenoah 001.jpg

Pipe flanges 2nd Gen Zenoah 002.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c6052d95ec_Pipeflanges2ndGenZenoah001.jpg.25acc94cc4ccd56b1147533038a28be6.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c6052dacd6_Pipeflanges2ndGenZenoah002.jpg.b04fd2bdafa23183cf535f14323fe384.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
Sounds good, I'll volunteer my testing serivces... :D

or my 40th birthday is 7/13, my truck should be here by then,

your new pipe would compliment my 29cc kit nicely, feel free to send

one over, the "raw" metal factory look is fine, I don't need no fancy

plating... :D :) :cool: really though, very interested in your pipe.

thanks, Ron E.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Ron E said:
Sounds good, I'll volunteer my testing serivces... :Dor my 40th birthday is 7/13, my truck should be here by then, your new pipe would compliment my 29cc kit nicely, feel free to send one over, the "raw" metal factory look is fine, I don't need no fancyplating... :D :) :cool: really though, very interested in your pipe. thanks, Ron E.
Good I am glad you don't need any fancy plating. There will be none out of my shop on any pipes. I hate to see someone spend good $$ on Jetpro and Dom that are chrome then they bend it break it and welding repairs are now a mess. I will polish the pipe if asked for a fee , but all mine will be raw so if and that is a big "IF" it breaks you can get it welded or send it back to me for repairs. It being a two piece component pipe and you roll your truck off a cliff or upside down on a parking lot, it will be possible to just buy the header or expansion chamber seperate. I am looking at the serviceability, durability, and the repair ability of my products. I believe I can achieve this without compromising performance. Weight may have to be a balance. I forsee my pipe not being lighter but should be a more evenly balanced performance pipe than some of the baja ones on the market. Here is a shot of the one I fabricated for my XTM Grizzy. It is made out of Aircraft .016" 321 SS sheet and .750" ss tube on the header. The rampage will have standard 1" header tube to accomadate the desire for big bore and stroke motors. Grizzly sides and motor mount 008.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c6052dc305_Grizzlysidesandmotormount008.jpg.9c3b0658ec960bd4d6c4e675159c9dde.jpg

MOfroggy

Sprint 77 pipe, how much better can it get!!

If I understand it correctly Sprint 77 will make a common header and expansion chambers that you can pick to be bottom end or top end compatible. You can change them out for less money than buying a complete pipe for each application. He offers free repair (or @ minimal cost) if you pay the shipping both ways. How can you beat a deal like that!!!!!

MOfroggy

Sprint 77

Contributor
My cage is so much closer to production I am working on finishing the fixtures for it. I will be back on the pipe next week. I just have to complete one project or all these ideas are going to make my head spontaniously combust. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts