• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new motor

Ron E

Contributor
Dirtconvert said:
Hey Ron, is the package something you got an inside track on? 7075rc doesn't have anymore parts listed yet on the site.
not really any "package deal" yet. but I think there's gonna be as soon as the motor mount goes to market. we asked ol'fart if he would put a package deal together for anyone that wanted to order everything he makes for the xb-e. thats what i'm going to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirtconvert

Yes I recall mentioning that before. Just a bit anxious I guess. I just installed his front carriers this weekend and I am ready to finish the ensemble.

Ron E

Contributor
Dirtconvert said:
Yes I recall mentioning that before. Just a bit anxious I guess. I just installed his front carriers this weekend and I am ready to finish the ensemble.
i know what ya mean dude, i'm really excited to drive the xb-e with the new stuff, should be cool.

lateralrectus

Ron, will the new 7075 mount include a new mounting plate for the motor to accomodate 6 mounting holes instead of four? In other words, can we throw that stock metal disc into the trash?

Also, what shaft size are you getting on the Leopard motor?

Ron E

Contributor
lateralrectus said:
Ron, will the new 7075 mount include a new mounting plate for the motor to accomodate 6 mounting holes instead of four? In other words, can we throw that stock metal disc into the trash?
Also, what shaft size are you getting on the Leopard motor?
sir i would love to help you, but i don't know... these are questions for ol'fart and obeast44... they will chime in and enlighten us. :D

Obeast44

Banned
The included spur gear with the mount is a larger 48t machined delrin gear. The larger spur was needed to space the motor out away from the center drive cups. The larger spur also will allow the use of the CC1717 motor with the stock pinion to help alleviate some overheating issues some are having with the stock mount/spur.

I don't know for sure how many of the mounting holes on the motors will be utilized with the mount. I think 4 of the 6 should suffice but I haven't seen one up close yet to let you guys know. Ol'fart has stated that when ordering you will need to let him know what motor you plan on using so the appropriate cam mount can be made. Im hoping he will also have the cam mounts available seperately for those that want to run different motors, or have one pre-mounted as a backup.

When I get one I will definitely fill you guys in, if Ol'Fart hasn't done so already.

Ol' fart

Hu? What?

As you can see I took the weekend off..... Not really, just working on getting the Motor mount ready for Obeast44 to play with this weekend. Ran into to a problem that had me stumped. I was running the new setup and the front driveshaft came out....I had to take the car apart to get it back in so how the hell did come out? Also it was all bent and twisted.

Turns out the problem was the front drive pins set screw came loose. It slid out and ran against the inside of my hubs. Well, the stock screws that attach it to the C holder stick out a little and the drive pin hit it and it locked up left front wheel. The sudden stop twisted and bent the driveshaft and it flew out. The fix is make sure you locktite that little set screw and, for you that have my front holders, get shorter screws or grind them back so they are flush with the inside of the holder. All future orders will come with shorter screws.

I suppose this was a good thing as the delrin gear held up as did the rest of the motor mount.

I beleave the motor mount is ready to release and I will have it on my website if all goes well this weekend

There are so many gearing options and motor choices and battery setups...that I will offer everything priced separatly so YOU can decide what is best for the setup you choose.

Motor mount. same over size bearings included

Motor mount brace. You could modify your stock one to work.

Motor mount Cam specify your motor. (stock one won't fit)

48 delrin gear

44 delrin gear

12 steel gear

13 steel gear

14 steel gear

15 steel gear

16 steel gear

The Redcat stock 10&11 gears work fine too.

auto2

so will the 48 tooth spur fit with stock mm with 10 tooth pinion? thats just what i was looking for

Obeast44

Banned
auto2 said:
so will the 48 tooth spur fit with stock mm with 10 tooth pinion? thats just what i was looking for
I have one of Ol'farts 48t spurs that I will try on the stock mount tomorrow sometime. They shoud mount up just fine, its just the overall size of the gear that might be a problem.

Ol' fart

The 48t -10t will fit no problem, in my new mount. But you have to order the motor cam to fit your motor, the stock cam will not fit my mount, it's too small. There is no way the 48t will fit on a stock mount, it's too big.

auto2

oh ok. cause i have no problem using a dremel lol. just wondered if the stock set up will be able to have the correct gear mesh with a 48 t spur.and 10 t pinion.

lemme know when u have a "package deal" :) ready

Obeast44

Banned
Ol said:
The 48t -10t will fit no problem, in my new mount. But you have to order the motor cam to fit your motor, the stock cam will not fit my mount, it's too small. There is no way the 48t will fit on a stock mount, it's too big.
He is right, the 48t won't fit at all. I will put my mic on a stock spur and the 48t Ol'fart so graciously is letting me test here in an hour or so.

hobbsa23

beautiful pics :D I can't wait to see the you tube video review and runs with the leopard :eek: your prolly waiting for that motor mount from Olfart.

Ron E

Contributor
hobbsa23 said:
beautiful pics :D I can't wait to see the you tube video review and runs with the leopard :eek: your prolly waiting for that motor mount from Olfart.
motor mount and carriers... I cant wait :D

Ol' fart

Wow

When I looked at the 1st pic I thought that was a spray can of motor cleaner..

That motor is BIG Your going to need a counterweight on the other side of the car just to go straight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts