• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Exhaust Question

Dreggsta

i'm trying to piece things together & get an idea what will & won't work. i looked at the ddm, flowsystem, cpi & jetpro pipes. i like the side pipes (ddm, flowsystem & jetpro) but they are only listed to fit the mt's. i am sure they could bolt onto the xb w/a lil modification for mounting i'd guess as the rampages use the same engine. my prob is that w/the sidemounts 1) i'd have to trim a lot of the xb lexan body away & 2) there isn't much to protect the pipe from getting bumped as the xb wheels/tires are smaller & won't protect the pipe as much as the monster truck wheels/tires do. i'd much prefer a rear mount/exit pipe. the only ones i have seen are the jetpro (don't really care for that set up at all) & the cpi (again, says it only fits mt's). seems my choice is very limited as i don't want a side pipe to the cpi (modification prolly necesary to mounting bracket arrangement?) & the stock pipe. anyone have any thoughts about this situation? anyone make a cpi fit an xb? any advice or thoughts?

Trip..

The Jetpro side pipe is incredibly thick (16ga) and it's made of steel. I have one on my Fg and I've landed on the pipe many times and never hurt it, but if you do manage to hurt a JP, send it into Dino (the owner) and he'll repair it for free (include 10 bux for return shipping)

As far as cutting the body it's very minimal, about the size of a matchbook.

The CPI fits the xb as well, there are pics on here of them. You'll have to bust out the sawsall to mount it "under" a buggy body..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

wow trip, that looks killer & a lot better than what's on the jetpro site (not knocking the jetpro site). these pics give me a whole lot better idea of what's going on. thank you.

G

You also will have to make a hole in the truck bed for the truck bodies with the CPI

Dreggsta

hey rcdad, per our conversation i am leaning towards the xb now. extra wear due to big tires on the drivetrain is not new to me lol! i thinks i am going to try a different route. :)

trip, that set up looks a whole, whole lot easier to do.

Trip..

he he he...

I bought that (well actually 5 of them) before the Nobamma speech... you know back when it was only 150 bux a crate shipped, now it's impossible to find.

Dreggsta

i hear ya. all he did was boost sales lol. what a tool. hehe, anyways lol.

what kind of wheels are those? they look good.

i'm thinking of running trenchers & if i run that pipe too i think i'm a have a clearance issue. what size are your tires?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Re: New Exhaust Question

Sprint 77 said:
I now have a xb roller chassis to see about a custom pipe for the x series chassis .
Aww, so I guess that means we'll never see the production version of your "Evildomain" pipe for the MT...I was on the list...it was so sweet all tucked away in the back

But I understand...the X series has sold a lot more....

G

Sprint 77 said:
I hope to produce both styles. I have a big airplane project right now taking my time . After finished I like to make some more scratch built pipes.
That would be nice to see!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts