• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Chimera

G

xscrick said:
cool vehicle,, our custom shock towers and shocks don't think will fit bodies without extensive mods from what I see so far
The rear shocks fasten to the cage not a shock tower.

Deluge

They mount to the cage, like an Exo Terra. That's unfortunate. That means you can't run without the cage. Tuning by plug color is going to be a challenge.

rcgasser

Deluge said:
They mount to the cage, like an Exo Terra. That's unfortunate. That means you can't run without the cage. Tuning by plug color is going to be a challenge.
Very much a challenge!!!!!!

Deluge

You'll have to remove the hoops over the plug on the inner cage, as well. I'm building an Exo Terra at the moment and I can tell that tuning the shocks or making gear changes is going to be a challenge. You have to remove the cage every time, and with all of those screws it could get old, fast.

They should've went the HPI route and made the cage easy to remove like the Apache C1. Just a few body clips and the cage is off.

Knuckles

Rob, you are my hero. LOL

RampageShop said:
The roof panel can be removed to access the plug
You are so smart Rob (add sarcasm here). LOL.

I ordered more from you the other day. Extra parts!!!!

rcgasser

RampageShop said:
The roof panel can be removed to access the plug
Yea as rob stated even after you remove the roof panel there is the XB cage in the way of the plug and the front of the cage is over the H and L Needles I left the front part off.

Mycbr6rr

rcgasser said:
Yea as rob stated even after you remove the roof panel there is the XB cage in the way of the plug and the front of the cage is over the H and L Needles I left the front part off.
All you have to do is cut out the piece blocking the carb but leave the main supports image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_11/image.jpg.bad3d0b98e6fcfe2013d2edf05808298.jpg

Mycbr6rr

I have a issue ,what do you all do with a outerwears crankcase cover on the Chimera ,I put one on mine and it seems like it would get tore up from the rear driveshaft going under the engine.

G

Mycbr6rr said:
I have a issue ,what do you all do with a outerwears crankcase cover on the Chimera ,I put one on mine and it seems like it would get tore up from the rear driveshaft going under the engine.
Make your own. Pretty easy with some screen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts