• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need some input

rezac

So today I started breaking in my 30.5. Someone let my dog out of the house and my dog goes nuts and tries attacking any snowmobiles, cars or rc cars. I was just trying to make it so she wouldn't get it and I hit the snow plow on my truck and the front wheel shattered along with the knuckle and the lower a arm. I have the new lower a arm on now. I am trying to decide which wheels still but I think I am going to get the wider ones so I get more traction. Should I get new aluminum knuckles or get stock plastic ones? Also, I put my new steel gears on after all this happened. I think I got the wrong sized gears. The highest one is a 25, the middle has a 35 I believe and a 25, then the lowest one is a 25. That will just make it be a ton of torque and lower my top speeds right? I thought I ordered the stock gearing. I have 4 good tires yet so I am going to get bigger rims and the baja adapters. Should I just get the stock baja 5b rear rims for the front and rear or are they kinda junk compared to pro lines? I know the stock 5b ones are cheap, $15 for 2.

rezac

I just realized that. I guess I should have looked at the gear sizes before I ordered them. I will have to order the 30/30 tomorrow. I have the stock tires as of right now. It is time to decide which rims and tires to get from here.

hamster huey

If your looking at stock baja rims don't forget you need the beadlock, screws, and wheel at all 4 corners. the locksand screws push the price up. Avoid stock 5b tires-the pins wear off very fast on the rears.

Obeast44

Banned
Stock TT gearing is 29/31/25/25, stock MT gearing is 25/35/25/25. Al youll need is 29/31 gears. I like the 29/31 combo better than 30/30, because it gives a little more tunability.

rezac

I ordered the 29/31 gears this morning along with aluminum knuckles, 5b hubs and 5b wheels, I have 2 beadlock rings here and I have a lot of the beadlock screws from the TT stock wheels I am assuming. I also ordered spare c-clips and an aluminum drive gear holder deal, dual steering servo minus the servos and the outerwear for the pull starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts