• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need more speed!

BlazingRC

Does any one know which gears to change to get my xt up to at least 55 mph?

Keith81

if you xt gears are 35x25x25x25, I think going to 29x31x25x25 will give you more top end which elaborates to more speed. Don't quote ME though, let someone with more knowledge chime in...

-Keith

brio

Well, 55mph, I think that's a stretch with the stock eninge. You're gonna need more power for that, like a race ported engine. And you'll definitely need to "Gear Up". Stock "A" and "B" gears on the XT are 29, 31, you'll probably need at least 33,27 or 35,25 with a race ported or modified engine to get that kinda speed outa the XT.

G

Well, 55mph, I think that's a stretch with the stock eninge. You're gonna need more power for that, like a race ported engine. And you'll definitely need to "Gear Up". Stock "A" and "B" gears on the XT are 29, 31, you'll probably need at least 33,27 or 35,25 with a race ported or modified engine to get that kinda speed outa the XT.
Yeah, never going to happen with a stock motor. You would need to run 35-25 and a good ported motor that will see 20,000 rpm and over 5hp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts