• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

need more power

cody

I got a MT v3, my first 5th scale. I think I'm going to get a dominated side pipe and I was thinking about the 28.5 big bore from python. Do you guys think that would be the best bang for my Buck? And what kind of filter k&n? Also my dad gave me a 8000 rpm spring he had from a king Kong. Do most springs interchange? Its a 30 size engine.

Obeast44

Banned
I recommend the HPI Baja 5b filter. It flows and filters very well. You will have to cross your linkages to run it though. The 28.5 headkit is a very good bang for your buck option and a very easy install.

krashkrieg

Contributor
If you search around, you'll see that the dominator is a well liked pipe and a good pipe will wake up this beast is what everyone says. A head kit will also wake it right up. together you have a whole new truck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cody

krashkrieg said:
If you search around, you'll see that the dominator is a well liked pipe and a good pipe will wake up this beast is what everyone says. A head kit will also wake it right up. together you have a whole new truck!!!
That's good to hear that. The more I hear stuff like that the more excited I'm getting.

Obeast44

Banned
cody said:
OK thanks obeast. If I went bigger, say 30.5 would I need to start beefing things up? If so what stuff?
If you up to a 30.5 youll have to completely disassemble your engine to put the +2mm stroker crank in. Putting the 28.5 headkit on will give ya plenty of power with a pipe and be a 10 minute install.

racetruck

A good pipe is the best hop up you can do to wake up a slow running motor. The right pipe will make even a 23 run great. make sure the gear mash is good tight because more power wil be hard on the gears

hamster huey

A faster thr/br servo can really wake up an engine too. A name brand digital in the range of .10-.14 speed and 125+ tq. start at $45. Much faster throttle response.

cody

I got my head kit and pipe in yesterday. Put it all on,started it up and the damn battery was dead In the truck. Only had about 10 min until I had to leave for work so never did get a chance to run it. Can't wait to get off work

cody

racetruck said:
A good pipe is the best hop up you can do to wake up a slow running motor. The right pipe will make even a 23 run great. make sure the gear mash is good tight because more power wil be hard on the gears
Hey thanks for the heads up. ill check that before I get going. And about the servo hamster, I think I got around a 200 torque, not sure what the speed is. Ill throw that in also thanks guys

kryptonite

your gonna love the new mill. its a safe upgrade with out going over board. an airfilter upgrade wont give you any noticable power upgrade but and hpi filter will save your motor for sure. id go for an 813 carb next wich will get you out of the hole faster.

westbaycustoms

wbrucex said:
got a 28.5 the other day, night and day from stock 26!
adding the redcat pipe is night and day differance, how much more will the 28.5 kit do?

will the the redcat pipe fit the new top end?

what the approx hp rating of a 28.5 with a pipe?

lords

yep 4.5 hp and if you want more torque, go with a stuffed stroker crank kit

but you will loose some top end...but it will be a bottom to mid torque monster :)

i did up my own 30 cc but minus the stuffed stroker because i love top end... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online