• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need advice for my truck????

Yannik

Hi,

I'm quite a beginner at this hobby so I was wondering what you guys are doing before storing your Truck for the winter. I guess I won't ask this question to Rob, hihi Arizona you lucky! ;) Do you empty the gas tank, discharge the batteries, ect?? I will appreciate any Tips from you guys!

Thanks,

Yannik :cool:

racetruck

We drain the gas tank and start the engine and run it till it runs out of gas as far as the batterys go i try and discharge and charge the batterys once a month we run are trucks in the winter :D

hobbykim

Contributor
fuel

Stop to any hard ware store or home depot buy fuel additive for winter.Add to your fuel and you can left fuel in the tank still be okay.I live in Northwest,I run the truck or any hobby all year long,only stop when rain .

Yannik

The reason for letting the engine run out of gas is to drain the gas pipe? If I just drain the tank and leave the truck there for a few months, would it be alright? :confused:

hobbykim

Contributor
you run two troke engine,the gas mix with oil ,you will be fine,the engine and carburator,fuel tank alway have lube so you don't have to worry about the winter.

Martin

Like the other, run it all the winter........ héhéhé..!!!!

Or store with the gas like most people do with their weedheater in the winter, you will not have any problem.

Maybee in 3 years you will worn out the carb gasket, but it's 8$.........

Yannik

Great, thanks a lot! It really help to hear others experiences with their Truck so it can prevent others from making the same mistake that can cost a few $$ sometimes. :D

chevy

when I mix my gas with 2-stoke oil I usally mix a gallon at a time I get 100 octaine gas and I never get thru more than half the gallon then it get old and have to get ride of it and at almost 6 dollars a gallon and 4 for oil thats alittle wasteful

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannik

That's what I tought because my parents have a weed whacker, well actually a frigin leg whacker and I know for sure they don't take the time to empty the tank!

Yannik

Krash: Do you know a bit about gas filter for the Rampage? I've bought one online and I'm wondering if it is just a gadget or it actually work! If you have a gas filter, what kind you have and do you clean it often? I've seen that even some have a little filter inside that is replaceable, but it is more expensive! :eek:

chevy

well the gas sits so long, i cant get thru a gallon, it gets to smelling diffrent, then i just get ride of it! yannik i use a inline fuel filter for baja and just a brass clunk on the pickup side i would get a filter that has a fine mesh or cotton because the carb has a small screen in it that gets clogged if the fuel filter don't catch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts