• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need a bit of advice

ColdInCanada

I got my xb and drove it a bit then changed the gear plate to allum and put gears back on and now when i start it up, the engine revvs up like normal but the wheels and gears werent turning , so i heard about checking the set screws and i did that and one of them was lose so i tighened it , went to start it on a stand again and wheels were spinning like normal but one wheel on top right sometimes locks up and im not sure why...and when i put it on the ground to drive it it doesn't wanna go anywhere, maybe i never tighened nuts on gears tight enough or im not sure what it could be...any help be awesome

andyken

Could be bad bearing ...the stock ones are crap.

Take the wheel and wiggle it to see if it's sloppy, or remove it and check the bearings

ColdInCanada

The buggy moves on ground like it should , the tires spin freely , but the last gear that right infront of brakes i don't know if this is normal or not but it wiggles up and down like a cm and that could be why it doesn't wanna move when its started and off the stand, on stand tires spin with engine, when put on ground engine revvs put don't move that far or hardly at all

G

There should be some in and out play on that third shaft. If not, you will cause binding on the center diff gears. The vehicles don't come shimmed for correct gear mesh on the center diff. The need to just float in the right spot, if that makes sense.

Make sure the set screws are on the flats of the shafts or they will just slip.

ColdInCanada

Ok , and yea sorta doesn't make sense me cause new at this but every bit helps. What would cause the buggy to work fine on a stand but when its on the ground not go no where ? i counted 4 grub screws connecting drivetrain, is their any more? and if one wheel locks up sometimes do you know what that means?

G

Your going to have to follow the drive train to find out where it is binding. It may help to do some disassembly.

andyken

There are set screws on all the center drive cups.

You can reach most of them using long allen wrench or T handle without disassembly.

Hold one tire and turn the opposite tire while watching the cups and dog bones.

Look for any slop, or if a cup takes a bit to move.

Hold the center ring gear turn the "D" gear and see if it's slipping , it's a two piece shaft.

ColdInCanada

Yea thanks that will help do you got a diagram of where to look for the set screw , the problem is between the d gear and spur gear im guessing if their is a set screw in their it could be that

ColdInCanada

thanks, i think i got it i drove it in snow today and the wheels spinnin now just the top left wheel sometimes locks up and for some reason i cant reach max rpms seems to work fine til half throttle then just pops , and can anyone please tell me what todo when i press the brakes lightly and engine almost dies on me?

ColdInCanada

I adjusted the hsn a bit but this is how it runs

Today cause it was sunny i decided try and get it right , but still dies on brakes and half throttle and up exuast popping, i richened the hsn and didnt seem to make a difference (maybe its the cold or just how jetpro rear sounds but i have a video on youtube of it running)

Ildy666

Sounds like a tuning issue start from factory settings and richen up hsn from there.i believe the cold is leaning u out.only go 1/16 at a time do a pass and readjust

RampageHopUps

Take the air filter off and adjust the throttle servo with the collars. If hitting the brakes is changing the tune, that means the rods are not correct at idle.

G

Make sure the throttle lever is resting on the idle stop screw.

Kaceno

what the two above me said. Adjust the throttle return spring to make the throttle arm hit the Idle screw every time the throttle is neutral. It's pretty much impossible to tune correctly if the linkages aren't set correctly. Also definitely make sure there isn't any binding in the drive train

ColdInCanada

Lol i did what you said by resting on idle screw and thought i had it perfect but it didnt wanna keep idle kept dying after about 5 min of idle or sometimes like 3 minutes...now i cant get it to start i think i flooded it lol ruined another ngk plug try again in couple hours

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts