• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My xb issue with motor?

andyken

When I got my used xb, stock carb settings were very lean to get it to run.

Like maybe 3/4 out on the low needle. Try setting the low at 1 turn or less to see if it starts.

Motakitty

Re: My xb issue with motor?

I'll try that cause I did turn the low speed in about a half turn and it seemed to want to start but it was already flooded so I'll try 3/4 of a turn

Motakitty

I'm thinking of just replacing the carb with a walbro 668 cause I want to keep the choke

G

When you are adjusting the carb. Turn the needles in until they stop. Then, turn them out to the desired point. That way you will know exactly where it s set at.

andyken

I haven't looked at my old stock carb...but I'd guess over tightening messed up the needles.

It ran ok but set very lean.

I now have a 990, runs great... but no choke sucks at cold start.

Motakitty

I live in california so I think no choke would be fine. Correct new if I'm wrong but the choke is for starting in the cold right?

Motakitty

I installed the 668 carb and tried starting it, first with choke on then with choke off and it sounded like it wants to fire but didn't start, I pulled the plug and it's flooded again so I have the plug out and might try starting it again tomarrow, maybe without the choke at all. Any advice or tips

G

Never more then 2 pulls with the choke on, even if you don't hear a pop.

G

You'll get there. Once you do it a few times you'll start to notice what works and what doesn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts