• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My spark plug high speed run

ChuenouXiao

It looks like my spark plug here is telling me that I'm running not too lean and not too rich. I pulled it out right after a high speed run. It's a nice chocolate color :D ? What are your thoughts?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Looks good.
Good to hear that :D The tuning was base off on a rainy cold day where hail was pouring down. When it gets warmer in the summer, I might have to change my tuning a little huh? Just slightly?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
You might have to. Depends on how it reacts to the change.
If I clean that plug every now and then.... with carb spray... and brush it with steel brush... you think that should be ok for my plug?

alfred e numan

looks good

Your plug looks pretty good. Ever watch a pro tuner read a plug? They usually read in sunlight with a small lens. They are looking at the bottom of the plug. seeing if this area is clean- a combanation of air-fuel ratio, and the plugs heat range. They are also looking for a color change about 2/3 rds down inside the plug - a ring of color. This applys to both 2 and 4 stroke engines. No real need for us to run the ragged edge the way the pros do, its safer better to be a little fat on the plug- rich.-

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts